❦Chapter 23❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I didn't even head to Faline and I's shared room, knowing that she wouldn't be in there. I instead headed for the kitchen. I wasn't at all surprised to find her there, chopping away carefully at whatever ingredients were going to be thrown together for tonight's dinner.

"Hey, Balder, can I steal Faline for a bit?" I asked the head chef, and he nodded to me.

Faline heard me, and she took her apron off, and washed her hands. I let her hold onto my arm as I exited the kitchen through the back door, which was close to the gardens. Luckily, the gardens were barren at this time of day, most all of the staff preparing for dinner.

"What is it?" Faline asked as I sat her down on a bench near a large bush of hydrangeas.

"There's something important that I've been hiding from you." I spoke carefully, trying to gauge her reaction.

She motioned for me to go on, a thoughtful look on her face.

"Remember when you told me not to do anything stupid before I left a couple of days ago? And I said that I was leaving all of the stupid here with you?" We both chuckled at our snarky attitudes towards each other.

"You took some of the stupid with you, didn't you......" She trailed with a slight smile, she knew that it wasn't anything absolutely terrible.

I relayed her the entire story, about meeting my partner, but I left the part about the sanctuary out. I also told her about how I'd made friends with Nuri, and I also told her about Sunny and Clay. When I finished, her eyes were full of excitement, and she was practically bouncing on the bench beside me.

"I can't believe it! My sister is the Great Dragoness! And you have a pet dr-." I slapped a hand over her mouth before she could finish.

"Not so loud, they're supposed to be almost extinct." I whispered to her, and she nodded at me, her cloudy eyes wide.

"I can't believe it! I'm so exited for you!" She whisper-yelled, and I smiled widely.

"There's one more thing......" I trailed off, knowing that she wouldn't like what I had to say. "Do you want to have your own room?" I questioned her, and her face turned to one of confusion.

"But where will you sleep?" She sounded worried.

"Uhm......with.....Loki?" I spoke carefully.

She squealed like a schoolgirl, and smacked my arm, now she was literally bouncing in her seat.

"Did he ask you? Did he did he did he?!" She shouted and I shushed her with a smile so big that it threatened to split my face in two.

"Yes......."

"And you said yes! Oh I'm so happy for you! Tell you what, I'll make you two some pastries just for you!" She exclaimed and jumped up, but I grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"So you're okay with not sharing a room with me anymore?" I questioned.

"If it means you and your true love can be together, I guess I can make the sacrifice." She held her chest dramatically, and we both giggled.

*****

Before I packed some of my things to Loki's chambers, I had to check up on the Queen, after all, I am her lady-in-waiting. I knew that I'd find her in the library, as that is where she usually is right before dinner is served.

"Frigga?" I questioned as I spotter her in a soft chair, her just staring out of the large window.

"Yes?" She questioned, a smile coming to her face once she realized that it was me.

"Is there anything I can get you? I feel like I've neglected my role as your lady-in-waiting as of late." I let out a nervous chuckle, coming to stand off to her side.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about that." She spoke and motioned for me to sit down across from her.

I gulped in fear, this is where I lose my job, I thought.

"The King and I have discussed this, and we have decided to have you put into warrior training to become a royal guard." My brows shot up as she spoke.

"You'd be training quite often, learning all there is to know. Thor will be your mentor, and you would become the fourth warrior to the warriors three." She smiled at me kindly.

"Frigga, I'd be honored!" I spoke excitedly, scooting up to the edge of my seat. "But who would run your errands?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I rarely have them, so you could still do them if you'd like. And besides, you protecting the dragons is much more important than my tea time, my dear." We both chuckled at that.

"Yes, of course, I'd love to. When do I start?" I asked eagerly.

"Two days from now, meet Thor in the dirt arena in the front of the palace where the warriors train." She smiled, and I nodded eagerly, standing up to relay the good news to Loki.

"Oh, and (Y/n)?" She called out just before I reached the door.

"Yes?" I questioned, feeling light on my feet.

"I've already had the maids move your things into Loki's chambers." She smirked as she hid her face in her book.

*****

"How does your mother know about us sharing a room?" I asked as I barged into Loki's room, which we now shared.

I was confused to not find him in the bedroom anywhere. It then registered in my head that he was in the bath when I heard the sloshing of water. I didn't bother to knock on that door either, just coming right in. He was laid back in the full tub, bubbles covering the surface of the water so that all areas from his chest down were not visible, darn. His eyes were closed, his head leaned back, and his arms were on either side of the tub, keeping himself from submerging fully.

"I know you heard me." I crossed my arms when I saw a smirk cross his face.

"As she said, she was raised by witches. She knows things." He shrugged as he popped an eye open, taking in my attire, which was the same as it was earlier today.

"Or you just can't keep your trap shut." I smiled as I backed up and hoisted myself up to sit on the countertop.

"You better watch that mouth of yours, princess." He spoke condescendingly as both of his eyes were now open, looking at me like I was a piece of meat.

"Or what?" I gulped, curious as to where this would lead to.

"Or I'll have to punish you." He slid his eyes closed again, and my breathing became ragged.