❦Chapter 27❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

Soon, Loki, Frigga, and Drakon returned, but then it was my turn to go talk to Drakon. I requested that we be left alone.

I held onto Drakon's back as his enormous wings beat slowly, gliding us up onto his island. As we passed the lower islands, many of the dragons had their heads tilted up, all of them staring at us. Once he touched down, I slid down the side of his wing, jumping down not-so gracefully.

"Before you start talking about my responsibilities, and things that I probably won't understand, let me ask my questions first." I spoke up boldly, getting right to the point.

"Yes, Great Dragoness." He crouched down, his head bowing low.

"You don't have to do that. We're partners, which means that we are equal. Just (Y/n) will suffice." I cleared up, before I plopped myself down on the smooth, granite ground.

His island was different than all the rest. Instead of having a body of water, and plenty of shade trees, and shrubbery, his island was just solid rock. There was a large mouth of a cave facing the east, placed on the western side of the little island. The ground was made up of worn-down stone, and I'd imagine that if it got wet, it would become slippery.

"Our minds are linked, correct?" I waited for him to nod before I went on. "And we can search each other's minds freely.....correct?" I spoke carefully, watching him gulp.

"I'm terribly sorry for hurting you, I did not mean to, Dragoness." His eyes were soft, and I nodded softly at him.

"I know you didn't. But we're both going to have to get over our insecurities if we want to be able to work hand in hand.....hand in claw." I corrected myself, and stood up straight.

"Of course...." He trailed off, his tail swishing.

*****

Drakon and I conversed over many topics. We talked about how new problems will arise within the kingdom now that there were rumors of The Great Dragoness appearing. We also got to know each other, him telling me a little bit about his past partners, and me telling him about my rough childhood. We even made plans for me to visit twice weekly, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, to discuss what had changed in the palace, and so he could educate me about the dragons' history, as well as mine in person.

Our mind link was very strong, and I had a sneaking suspicion that if I managed to have his nightmare last night, then that meant that we could also communicate telepathically to each other, even with us being that far apart. Drakon and I got along fairly well, and before I knew it, we were heading back down to the lowest island, where Loki and Frigga resided.

Drakon touched down lightly, helping me off of him gently. Clay was the first to greet me this time, laughing and teasing Sunny when she was too slow. I patted their necks distractedly, making my way over to Loki.

"How did it go?" He asked curiously while eyeing Drakon.

"Well, I suppose." I shrugged carelessly, watching the many other dragons splash about in the water below.

There were dragons of all shapes and sizes, even young dragonets bounced around. Many of the dragons shied away from me, keeping a respectful distance. The bay dragonets, however, were too curious to stay away. As of now, there was a dragonet in my lap, one nibbling on my fingers, and the other curled up by my leg.