❦Chapter 18❦

𒊹︎Loki's POV𒊹︎

The tale of the dragon whisperer was a children's story that was derived from the great legend of the Dragon Witch, a woman that was able to read the minds and feel the emotions of these scaled creatures. Rumor has it that only one witch shows up over hundreds of centuries. There is no written record of how the witches come to be, but that the universe chose their witches wisely.

What if (Y/n) is the Dragon Witch? I looked over to where she was sitting, her back resting on the dragon, it's large tail rested curled up around her. If she was the Dragon Witch, it would explain her urging me not to take its life. I felt utterly terrible for almost slaying the beast, but I was too nervous of what (Y/n) might do if I approached her.

By now, everyone had set up camp near the dragon, (Y/n) coaxing the large creature to puff out a small flame for a fire to keep warm. Most of us were still wary of the dragon, but (Y/n) seemed as if she had raised the thing.

"So do you actually think that I'm the Dragon Witch?" Her distracted voice finally spoke up, the only words she had directed towards us the entire time.

"Yes, but I could do with more information." Hogun spoke from where he was sipping from his canteen. "Did anything strange happen before she showed up? Or maybe any strange occurrences as of late?"

I saw her hesitate for a moment, but then she started to speak.

"I felt her coming before I saw her. I could hear her footsteps, but not in the way that one hears a gunshot, or a ringing. It was almost as if I was hearing the world through her perspective." Her brows furrowed as she stroked the dragon's tail. "I also heard her take in that breath, right before that fireball....you know. It was like the sound of ringing, but it got louder, and louder, until we were all knocked to the ground. Like I could hear her charging up her blast."

All of us had leaned in towards her now, hanging onto every syllable that came out of her lips.

"As for any strange occurrences..." She trailed off as she looked up at us, with a look of realization on her face.

"Before I came here, before I even met Faline....I used to have friends." Her eyes glazed over as she started to relay the story of her childhood to us.

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎
(ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ)

I was running through the forest, giggling and squealing as two dragonets chased me, gently nipping at my tattered dress. The mood was airy and light, exactly what a girl of six years should experience. I got tired of running, and plopped down on the ground. Shortly once my bottom hit the ground, the two dragonets were racing over to me, jumping and rolling over me. Laughs erupted from my mouth, that still held baby teeth.

One dragon, that I named Sunny, was a golden yellow, with a pastel yellow underbelly. Her tail was thin, and most times she kept it curled so that I would not trip over it. She had piercing green eyes, and was barley bigger than me. Her build was skinny, and she had a slender face, with horns that curved slightly up into points, giving her the look of beauty.(1)

The other dragonet, on the other hand, was the color of clay, and rust. I had creatively named this dragon Clay. He was very stout, and was much, much larger than Sunny, standing at almost twice my height. There was nothing skinny about him, with his block of a head, and his tail that was thick as an old tree trunk. His eyes were a dark brown.(2)