❦Chapter 29❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I'd tried to escape my bounds many times. Loki and Thor both tried to strike deals with me, agreeing to take me out of my bounds, as long as I didn't try to escape again. I fooled them twice, but as soon as the chains were off, I foolishly made a run for it while they were both still in the room.

I'd come to terms with the deaths of my loved ones, and now a blank look had been permanently etched onto my face.

I was never allowed to leave, but got many visitors. All of the ladies-in-waiting survived, so they kept me company sometimes, and they also sometimes brought me my meals. I felt normal with them, and not like a chained up prisoner. Loki spent every night with me, us tangled together. Despite my freedom being taken away by him, I still loved him deeply, and he loved me just as much. He made sure to show me every night.

I'd learned many things over the time being underground. I learned that this underground system was mined out eons ago, in case some tragedy should fall on the kingdom. Most of the citizens from inside the palace gates survived, and had sought refuge down here as well. I was relieved to hear that the warriors three and Sif were down here as well.

Loki had told me the story of how Thor lost his eye when the battle first broke out, and the story of how the King and Queen had died. He also told me the story of he he found Faline's corpse under the rubble. He'd said that their corpses had been sealed away, ready to be sent away when the war died down, if and when that would happen.

I was still grief stricken about all of the deaths, but I'd managed to push through, the hope that this all would end soon helping me along. There was also a rumor between Thor, Loki, and I, that the dragon sanctuary survived the battle. I hoped that it did. I hope Sunny and Clay survived. Tsunami and Squirt, too.

I woke up this morning, having a terrible stomach ache. I puked my guts up in the toilet that I could barley reach. Loki was quick to be by my side, and next thing I knew. I could reach the toilet. He had taken the chain away from my ankle, but I now had no desire to leave now that I knew what waited for me just beyond the burned ruins of Asgard.

I wretched up the remnants of my dinner the night before, dry heaving for quite a while, before Loki made me stand up and brush my teeth. Once my mouth no longer tasted of vomit. He led me to the bed, fluffing the pillows around me.

"I'll go get a nurse." Loki went to rush out, but I grabbed his hand to stop him.

"It's probably just something I ate Loki, I'm fine." I insisted, but he shook his head.

"And what if it isn't?" He spoke sternly, and I let him go.

If this was some sort of virus, we didn't need it spreading like wildfire in the confined space of the underground hide away.

Loki, Thor, and a short nurse rushed in quickly, the nurse checking everything on me, looking for signs of irritation, or any type of physical wound. After finding none, on came the questions.

"Lady (Y/n), when did the vomiting start?" She was checking my heart rate now.

"Just this morning." I followed her orders as she motioned for me to take a deep breath.

"And when was the last time you had your monthly cycle?" She questioned, putting her stethoscope around her neck.

I looked at Loki in shock, and his brows were furrowed. Thor's were as well, both of the men waiting for an answer.