Chapter 13

Marcello's POV

Vex and I decided to have Rose stay at our place for the night. I just couldn't bring myself to wake her up. She slept so peacefully in my arms.

I put the button-up shirt on her. Yes, the one she threw right at me that one day. Vex had to go work on some last-minute paperwork, so I was left with her. Not that I mind.

At all.

After putting the shirt on her, I tucked her in and moved the loose strand of hair behind her ear as she rested her head on the soft pillows.

I gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead and as I pulled back, I really looked at her. She sleeps so beautifully and her lips are the perfect shape. So full. So sweet.

I'm possibly a creep, but here I am again the next morning sitting at the edge of the bed caressing her face.

She shifts as she starts to feel my hand move up her cheek softly. She just groans quietly and swats my hand away from her face.

"Gia...Stop...Just give me five more minutes and I'll get up for school-" She mumbles.

"Actually...ten more minutes." I hear her grumble. I chuckle at how cute she sounds right now.

"Tesoro, it's time to wake up. I have something for you," I whisper at her.

When I don't hear her respond I keep talking "Come on baby girl. You don't have to wake up for school."

I then mumble to myself, "But you do have a fashion company that needs you soon."

I continue to touch her cheek and move her hair out of her face.

She turns in my direction and slowly opens her eyes.

"Marcello," She whispers.

I hold out the black velvet box in front of her and her eyes begin to widen.

I open it and she immediately lets out a gasp and quickly sits up. I love when she's wearing my shirt.

"It's for you, Rose" I smile at her.

"Oh my god it's gorgeous," I hand her the box and she examines the diamond bracelet.

"I was actually going to give this to you yesterday, but I guess it kind of slipped my mind

"I was actually going to give this to you yesterday, but I guess it kind of slipped my mind. There was the dinner we were planning, then you fell asleep, that stupid waiter, and-"

"It's okay. Thank you so much." She laughs.

She leans in and kisses me. I take the bracelet out of the box and clasp it on her wrist. She lifts it to the sun and turns her wrist watching the sunlight glimmer off the diamonds.

We both hear a small knock on the door and Vex's head pops through the door.

"I thought you two were awake. Breakfast is ready." Vex tells us. He walks up to Rose and kisses her.