Chapter |3

MIA

Mr carter is such a gentleman. I smile only to see him looking at me so I immediately cover it up.
When we got in, Mr carter decided to ask me some questions to get to know me more. He asked if I had a boyfriend, of course, I don't have one. I've never had one at that.

He also asked about my parents.
I couldn't tell him about my past, it always brings tears to my eyes. So I just told him I wasn't in the mood to talk about them. Fortunately, he let it go.

We had lunch and he paid for the meal even though I insisted on paying. He also asked me to call him by his name.
I would call you by your name anytime Ace. A grin makes it's way to my face. What is happening to me.

We get into the car and I thank him for lunch. He holds my face and looked from my eyes to my lips. I felt like he was going to kiss me.

I was even getting excited. But quite unfortunately for me, he pulled away. I really wanted to taste those plump lips. What is wrong with me.

We arrive at the office and just as he did when we left for lunch Ace puts his hands on the small of my back. I didn't tense up this time.

I honestly enjoyed having him close to me, touching me. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, but considering we are talking about a hot man. you can't blame me.
_______________________________________

My day continues as usual. Ace told me to sort some other documents which was easy to accomplish. Once I was done it was 3 o'clock, and I had nothing to do. I decided to go check on Ace and ask if there was anything else to do.

I knock on his door and here a gruff come in.

"Good day Sir. I wanted to know if there was any other thing I can do since I'm free"

"No. There is nothing I would want you to do. Since it's just an hour to your closing time which is five o'clock, you can go home. In fact I was planning on leaving in few minutes. I could drop you off."

"Thanks so much Sir but that won't be necessary"

"I insist. Just go pack up your things and I should be out by then".

Ace dropped me off at my house which I was grateful for.

"Thanks so much for the ride Ace"

"Don't mention. I'll be on my way. See you tomorrow".

"Bye". I say as I shut his door and watch him hunk at me before driving off.

I enter my apartment and lock the door. As I was just placing my shoes on the shield rack, my phone rings. I look at the screen and smile when I see who is calling.

"Hey rose"

"Hello my love, how are you doing. I've missed you so much"

"I'm fine Rose, and we saw last Saturday which was just two days ago. Anyways how are you doing"

"Oh please, you are my daughter, two days is like a year without seeing you"

I roll my eyes, knowing fully well how dramatic rose can be at times.

"So tell me, my love, how did the interview go. Did you get the job"

"It went well. Odd enough I didn't have to say anything cause my boss gave me the job. So I'm officially an employed citizen"

"Well, that's great. You still don't want to tell me where you got the job"

"Rose we've gone over this, I want to be able to at least have this job for a month without you trying to see if anything or anyone is giving me issues. Please don't try to find out on your own. I want to be independent and know that I got this job on my own".