Chapter |30

MIA

"Did you miss me while I was gone love"

" You wish". I scoff at him. The audacity of this man.

"Aww I feel bed". He holds his chest feigning hurt. Could he have another annoying character.

"Look I want you to tell me the real reason why I'm here and what you have against Ace"

"Get me a chair". He barks out to his guards. Few seconds later there is a chair in front of him. He sits on it and crosses his legs, looking at me in mock  pity.

"Now princess, there is a lot of hate between me and Ace.
I don't know if he knows this and I don't care."

"I'm sure he must have told you that his father didn't love him. That was because he wasn't his biological son, he was Rose son from her first marriage."

"And how does any of this involve you"

"Patience love. It all involves me because I am his son. I am Antonio's (Ace father) real son. Shocker. I know. I was shocked too when I found out that I had a father. Now this is where Ace comes in; he and his mother made their way into my fathers life and became too comfortable like they should have been there".

"I always wanted a father while I was growing up. I and my mom barely managed to feed ourselves. My mother worked her ass off to take care of me and train me, now guess what; she's dead"

"But maybe she wouldn't have been dead if my father was with us. She wouldn't have been dead if Ace and his mother hadn't been in the picture.

"So now I'm going to make sure I take away his whole life and everything he loves so dearly from him including his position in the mafia as Don, as my dearest father trained him for"

"Ace is in the mafia?".
To say I was shocked was too little to describe exactly how I felt. No Mia. He could be lying so he can derive sympathy from you.

"Oh poor you. Your Acey didn't even tell you that he kills people for a living. But don't worry love, as soon as I take every single thing from him, I'll make sure to treat you right like you deserve".

"You are clearly lying to get me to sympathize with you. Ace has never killed anyone before and he wouldn't".

"Oh, is that so. What do you think happens in the mafia. I'll tell you; People are killed, women are sold, drugs and other illegal Businesses are the main source of wealth. How do you think Ace has so much money. Huh"

"Ace would never do those things. He is a good man. And his money comes from the different companies he has all over the globe. Stick that into your thick skull. Besides I still don't believe you. As I said earlier you could be lying to me".

I can't just believe what he says. I mean he kidnapped me and he clearly hates Ace so he would cook up any manner of story to get me on his side.
He is trying to plant suspension in my heart.

"Mhh, tell me what I would gain from lying to you"

"Well first off, you will get me to either start disliking Ace or make me work hand in hand with you to bring him down". I tell him in a duh tone.

"Tsk, tsk love you have been deceived and that is why I want to make you mine so you can start seeing truth".

"I don't care what you have to say, Even if Ace is in the mafia, he has his reasons for not telling me and I trust him completely so nothing you say here will convince me otherwise."

To me I sounded like I was trying to convince myself that Ace wasn't that kind of person. Every single second that passed was making it difficult for me not to give in to doubt.
Besides even if he was in the mafia, he would tell me right?. He wouldn't hide anything from me.