Chapter |18

MIA

The month passed by quickly, but it drew Ace and me ever closer to each other. During the last month, things between Ace and me got more serious. He also made sure to fuck me "thoroughly". His words not mine. It's hard to believe but it's already been five months since Ace and I met.

Anyways, Ace's family would be coming over later this evening for dinner. To say that I wasn't nervous would be a total lie. I was fucking fidgeting inside me. Would they accept me just as Rose, Blake, and Ace have?

"Hey, baby girl"

"Hey. I didn't notice you come in. How long have you been standing there"

"Long enough to know that something is bordering you, my love"

"It's nothing much. I was just thinking that's all"

I see him walking towards me. He takes a seat beside me on the bed and pulls me into his arms.

"We both know it's nothing small. Besides anything bordering you whether small or big is still my problem. Now please tell me"
He says while rubbing my cheeks and soothing my back. What would I do without Ace?

"I'm nervous for tonight. I'm just worried that they will not like me. I know Rose accepted me because she had already seen me as her daughter but the rest of them might not accept me"
I say while looking at him in the eye.

"Hey, I don't want you to think that. You are the sweetest person I've ever met. And even Blake liked you immediately he met you, so I'm pretty sure Brice and his wife will love you too.
Besides, I don't care if anyone likes you or not. You are mine and you are the only woman that I love, so cheer up baby girl".

He says while kissing my forehead. I hug him and remain in his warmth for a while.

"Emma and I will be going out today for our girl time, so I won't be around until later. Have fun, I'll go take a shower now".
I say while giving him a light kiss on his lips.

I make my way into the bathroom and do the necessary. Once I'm done taking a shower I step out of the bathroom. Ace isn't in the room by the time I make my way out, so I walk into the closet and select an outfit for the warm weather.

Once I'm done, I put on my makeup, style my hair, put on my shoes, sprayed my favorite fragrance, and pick my handbag.
I make my way downstairs to see Ace already seated at the dining table.
I don't have much time to sit and eat, besides Emma and I will have breakfast together.

I grab a piece of toasted bread and a glass of orange juice. once I'm done hurriedly eating the bread, I downed the drink, dropped the glass on the table, and walk to Ace.

Hey, I'll be back in time for dinner Ok. Take care of yourself. Don't miss me much. I love you".
I say while kissing his neck.

"Fuck you smell so good. Can't you skip your outing with Emma. I don't want you to go".

"I'll be back. Now stop being such a big baby. Ok bye".

"Mia wait, Have this, and use it for whatever you want".
He says while handing me one of his black cards.
"Stay safe. Bye my love"

"Sure, byeee!!". I kiss him before making my way out. I see the car Already packed at the entrance. I step in, greet the driver and direct him on where to go.
On my way there I call Emma.

"Hey, bitch!!"

"Good morning Emma". I say sarcastically. "Look who decided to greet me this morning".