Chapter |10

MIA

Spending my weekend with Ace was worth every second. We had some alone time with each other which i loved very much.

Ace told me last night that we would be attending a dinner party later this evening. I'm packing up my things so I can meet Ace in his office since we would be going home together to prepare for the dinner party.
I make my way into the office and see Ace seriously typing away on his laptop.

He didn't even notice my presence. I use the opportunity to admire him. The first three buttons of his shirt were undone while his shirt hands were folded around his elbow. He looks so hot right now. I walk to him and sit on his lap. He smiles and looks at me for a moment.

"What" i ask him.

"Nothing, you are just beautiful. Thats all". I smile while Ace begins to kiss my neck and jaw.

"A..Ace not now, we will have enough time for this when we come back from the dinner. But for now we need to start going okay".

He completely ignores what I just said and instead starts kissing me. I just go along with the kiss. I feel those butterflies again and this time I have this feeling in my core. Ace ends the kiss and waits for me to regain myself before letting me get up from him.

"We would continue with this later. Lets go". He whisper in my ear.

He gives my handbag to his bodyguard and takes my hand in his own.
We walk out of the building together and I see some people looking at us.
We haven't hidden our relationship from anyone. So no one talks, besides they are all too scared of Ace to say anything.

Once we enter the car and start moving, Ace asks me some questions about my day and all. I place my head on his shoulder while he seems to be playing with our intertwined hands. I didn't know when i fell asleep or when Ace carried me to my room.

I wake up about an hour later. Ace should have woken me up. I love to take my time to prepare myself. I get up and go take a shower while not forgetting to wash my hair.

Once im done taking a shower I walk into my closet and start blow drying my hair and curling it slightly so it looks wavy.

pick an Andrea Beaded Mermaid Gown with a sheer skirt as my outfit for today

pick an Andrea Beaded Mermaid Gown with a sheer skirt as my outfit for today. It was a nude colored gown and it was almost the same color as my skin.

I do a my makeup and made sure it was glamorous.
If I'm going to an event, then I have to look better than i usually do.

I put on my dress with my nude stilettoes and make my way downstairs.
Im sure Ace must be waiting for me.

As i presumed Ace was downstairs while trying to fix his tie. I made my way downstairs and it got Ace attention. He turned and stared at me for a while. I did stare at him too. He looked handsome and ravishing in his navy blue three piece suit.

I make my way to him to help him with his tie

"You look beautiful Principessa". He says while wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You don't look bad yourself". I say smiling at him while fixing his tie.

"All done. Now you're good to go".
He kisses me lightly on the lips and wraps his arms around my waist and leads me to the car.

Before we get out of the car, Ace tells me that I should stay close to him because the media will be there. He opens the side of his door and gets out while bending over to help me come out.

As we make our way to the entrance i see flashes of light and clicking sounds. Ace covers me as we make our way inside.

"Mr carter is she your girlfriend or your next fling"

"Is she not your assistant"

"Mr carter what about your previous flings."

"Are you guys together"

They ask Ace as he leads me inside. Once we get inside, we see a lot of guests, some seated and some still standing and discussing. I feel out of place.

Ace gave my waist a squeeze, and tells me it will be okay and i should stay beside him.

We've been here for about an hour and I'm honestly feeling more out of place. All that has been discussed are all business related matters. There are a few women who are on our table and all they discuss is fashion, money, and whose husband is more affluent so i ignore them.

Ace did his best to keep me entertained even though he was still interacting with some of his business associates.

Ace left me few minutes ago to meet a close associate of his, and I've been sitting here listening to these chatter boxes on our table, while smiling at whoever says hello to me.

After few minutes, I see Ace making his way to me and I'm glad. The dinner party goes on. Dinner was served, toasts were made, games were played and some people who i recognize to be powerful including Ace were asked to give short speeches.

I and Ace stay for about thirty minutes more before Ace says its time we leave. I'm glad, honestly i was feeling way out of place there. As we were leaving; a woman walks up to Ace.

"Ace, i didn't know you would be here"

"And you are?"

"It's chantelle, from that night. I just wanted to say hi and know if you are interested in coming home with me". She says while rubbing Ace arms, completely ignoring the fact that Ace has his arms wrapped around me. How rude. Ace grabs her wrist and she looks like she's in pain. I guess he's squeezing her hands.

"look chanelle or whatever you call yourself, what we had was nothing other than meaningless sex, and i made that clear. If you don't seem to understand that, I'll be glad to help you understand. Now leave".
She leaves immediately while clearly looking frightened.

"Who was she". I couldn't help but ask.

"She was just a previous fling i had in the past who didn't get the memo".

"Ok" i say to him. I know Ace had flings before me, but i dont care, everyone has their own past. Besides he has his eyes for me now.

While we were in the Car, i felt tired and sleepy. I think Ace noticed this and brought me to sit on his laps, urging me to sleep.

I fall asleep in the arms of the man I'm slowly falling in love with.

To be continued..

Please vote and comment.
much love. 🥀