Chapter |32

Go back and read chapter 31 first

MIA

I squint my eyes as the light was too bright. I had a Serious headache. My head felt like it was being hit severally with a hammer. I am finally able to open my eyes and I see I'm in a hospital.

The events of yesterday comes back to me immediately. It was then that I felt a hand holding my left hand while the other hand was on my stomach. I turn to see Ace sleeping peacefully in a very uncomfortable position. He was sitting on a chair while resting his head on the side of my bed.

I gently reach down and tap his face. I couldn't speak since my throat was hoarse. He moves, slightly opening his eyes before closing them and reopening them when he realized I was awake.

"Shit my love you are awake. Uhm fuck I'll call the doctor"

He starts heading to the door and comes back seconds later with the doctor who turns out to be Mateo.

"Hey Mia. You have finally woken up, that's great. So tell me, how do you feel".

I try to speak but my throat hurt. Ace hands me a glass of water and I gulp it down ad fast as I could.

"I'm feeling a bit faint and I have a banging head ache but above all I'm fine". My hands move to my stomach. "Is my baby..."

"The baby is perfectly fine and healthy"

"Thank goodness".

"I'll leave you both. Call me if you need anything".
He walks out of the room and the nurse follows him too. I turn to Ace who was placing soft kisses on my hands.

"Hi"

"I'm so glad that I have you safe with me. I missed you while you were gone my love".

"Me too. Those few hours felt like several days to me".

"What did he do to you".

I feel my eyes water when I remembered my near rape incident.

"He tried- he tried to- to rape me. I- I felt so scared and at the same time I was praying he didn't succeed in doing that. And fortunately you arrived just on time"

"No, you handled him perfectly well before I came. I was told that you gave him a hard kick on his balls. I'm so proud of you Baby girl".

"I had to at least do something to prevent anything from happening at the time. Where is he now"

"I presume Blake has him in the Base."

"Oh. Ace can I ask you something"

"Yes"

"Uhm he said something about you being a Don, is it true?".

"Yes". I wasn't surprised, I just was shocked.

"So he was right after all. Ace why didn't you tell me all these. Why didn't you tell me that you are in the mafia. Don't I deserve to know? We are in this together Ace aren't we?"

"My love I wanted to tell you"

"When were you going to tell me. If this didn't happen were you ever going to tell me. Huh?"

"I was going to tell you everything. I was scared you wouldn't want me in your life after you find out and it got me scared so I kept it from you"

"Ace you should have still told me. I wouldn't have left you, I would have  just needed time to process everything like now. All this came so suddenly Ace, I need to process everything. I would have lost my baby or my life if you hadn't come and I am still scared that someone will kidnap me again"