Chapter |28

ACE

"How the fuck did no one. Absolutely no one realize that Mia was being kidnapped".
I rake my hands through my already scattered hair.

"This was never supposed to fucking happen. The instruction given was to follow her wherever she goes, as long as she is fucking leaving this compound even if she is leaving with my mom"

"Fuck". I kick the table shifting it in the process.

"Calm down Ace..."
I turn to blake immediately, cutting him short.

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down. How the fuck am I supposed to calm down when the woman I love and the mother of my unborn child is out there in God fucking knows where. I don't even know if the fuckers who took her are treating her well and you are telling me to calm down".
I turn to the bunch of idiots.

"This wouldn't have happened if these  bastards surrounding me had been a lot more smart and had followed my fucking instruction".

At this point I was fuming In anger and rage.
I turn to my other men and say;

"Lock them up in the cell in the basement. I'll make sure I will slit each and every one of their throats if a hair on my woman's hair is hurt. Take them out of my fucking sight"

"Ahhhh Fuck!". I scream out, lifting up my computer and throwing it across the room.

"Leave me alone Blake"

"I'm not leaving you in this condition man. You could hurt yourself"

I pull out my gun that I don't dare to bring out if Mia was around and point it to his head. If he doesn't leave now I will do something I will regret.

"Leave Now!".
He looks at me sadly before leaving the room.

I throw my gun on the floor as I pick up my chair, throwing it across the room. I walk to my shelf and push it down to the floor. The sound of glass smashing can be heard in the room.

A few minutes later and I have completely wrecked havoc and destroyed my office. And yet I don't feel relieved in the slightest bit. I slowly fall to the floor as tears make their way to my eyes.

I feel those tiny bastards slipping down my face. I don't remember when last I cried but here I am crying once again.

I tried my fucking best to always keep Mia safe but it seems I didn't try hard enough.
I have so many fucking enemies, both in the business world and in the underworld. And they would use any means to get to me even if it means kidnapping my own woman.

Fuck!. I wonder who has the fucking guts to do this. I am feared and no one would want to face my wrath by doing this. Then who is brave enough to do this.

I hear a knock on the door.
"Didn't anyone hear what I said. Get the fuck out. I don't want to see anyone"

"Mind your language Ace"

"Mom". I stand up and unlock the door for her.
She looks at me with sadness in her eyes just as Blake looked at me before he left the room.

"Mom". I hug her as I sob. "I couldn't keep her safe. She must be so scared being alone out there. I miss her mom"

She gives me a pat on my back and runs her hands through my hair.
"Hey, don't cry. This is not the time to beat yourself over something that wasn't your fault. You need to concentrate on finding Mia. The more you mope around, the more Mia suffers in the hands of whoever abducted her".

She's right. My anger took the better of me. I need to invest every single time I have to finding Mia not crying over her.
"I'll be back"
I get up from my kneeling position and place a kiss on my mom's head before leaving the room but not before my mom pulls me back.