Chapter |8

MIA

I woke up pretty late today. I checked my phone this morning and saw a missed call from Rose. I called her back, we spoke for a while and Rose made me promise to call her. Typical of Rose. I didn't call her since the incident occurred and she was worried about me.

I took my bath, wore a red striped blouse with a white short. and went down for breakfast.
Ace had already gone to work. My mind went to last night and I smiled. Each time I think about Ace, my heart always skips a beat.

After having my breakfast, I called Emma to know how she was faring.

"Bitch how dare you not call me". I hear Emma scream at me immediately she picks up the call.

"Emma the phone goes both ways you know"

"Oh please shut up". I ignore her.

"So how is your trip to Hawaii going"

"It's going great. Oh my gosh bae, I met this hot guy and.."

"You slept with him". I complete the statement for her.

"Hey don't put it that way. You make it seem like I'm fornicating"

"You are never going to change are You?"

"No. So speaking of hot guys, what about your hot as hell boss"

"Ok so you know how I was supposed to meet Rose son last few days ago"

"Yes, go on"

"Well it turns out he Is the same person as Ace."

"Shut up no way"

"Yes way. And unfortunately for me my apartment caught fire and got burnt so I've been staying at Ace place."

"Girl your life is basically the life I have always wanted. It's like straight out of a romance novel. How on earth do you get to stay in the same house as your hot boss. You are one lucky bitch.
It was kind of a good thing your apartment got burnt."

"Emma"

"What. We both know you secretly it"

"Whatever stop teasing me. It's basically what you do every time"

"Yeah teasing is my thing. Anyways I've got to go. I just saw a hot guy walk in. I'll call you later. Bye Bitch."

"Okay bye. Have fun"
I say as I end the call.

I had nothing else to do after the call so I decided to take a nap.
An hour and a few minutes later, I woke up.

It was almost lunch time and i still had nothing to do so i decided to make lunch. I walk into the kitchen to see Martha already setting out food items for lunch.

"Hey Martha"

"Oh you are awake. I was just preparing things for lunch. Just sit down, It will soon be ready". She says with her warming smile.

"Uhm I was wondering if I cook lunch today. You've been up and doing since this morning. Let me take care of lunch"

"No. I'm okay. Besides it's my job"
I wrap my hands around her wrist and walk with her to the living room.

"You stay here and find something to do or you can take a break. But I will be cooking lunch. You need to rest."

"If you say so. I'll just step out for a while"

"Cool. I'll let Ace know when he gets back. Have fun"

"Sure"

I decided to make Greek Chicken Grain Bowl.
I was just frying the chicken breast when I felt a hand turn me around. I turned to see Ace. Before I could ask him what he wanted he took my mouth in his and started kissing me.

I didn't kiss him immediately as I was shocked to see him kissing me. After a few seconds I give in to the kiss.

I was a blushing mess when Ace finally released me. I look down at my feet in embarrassment. I don't regret the kiss but I don't know what could be going through Ace's mind.

I looked down waiting for Ace to say something along the line of him regretting the kiss.

"Mia I loved every part of this kiss. I'll just go up and take my bath then we can talk about this okay". He says as he walks out of the kitchen.

Here I am dishing out our food while still thinking of what we would be discussing. Honestly I'm kind of nervous. I mean I like Ace and would secretly like it if he asks me out. But I'm probably thinking far.

I was still deep in thought that I didn't notice Ace was standing beside me.

"Mia are you okay."

"I'm fine" I reply immediately. The lie was obvious.

"Okay. We would talk about this after lunch"
He says trying not to bug me further.

We had lunch with little discussions like Ace asking how my day went and commending my cooking. I cleared the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. I came out of the kitchen and saw Ace in the living room. I move to sit beside him. He turns to me.

"Mia I know you've been wondering why I kissed you and what is going to happen from now."
He said while looking at me.

"I have". I admit truthfully

"I know it's still too early to say this but I like you. I don't know if you feel the same way for me but I would like it if we get to know each other. Would you give me a chance. And you do not need to give me your reply now. You can think about it".

Fuck thinking about it. That is basically what I want. I wanted him to ask me out and he just did.

"I'll give it a try". I say as I smile at him.

To be continued..

Thanks for reading. Vote and comment. I changed this chapter a bit. So some things may be different.
🥀🥀🥀