Chapter |21

MIA

...."Mia Mia..baby girl wake up".
I heard a familiar voice calling me. I opened my eyes slowly to see Ace's worried face. I remember that I blanked out just as I was about to leave his office.

"Baby girl you are awake. Fuck thank goodness".
I smile at him. He must have been so worried. I try to get up but Ace doesn't let me.

"You can't get up. You just fainted a while ago and I'm not letting you stand up again just to blank out again".

"Ace I'm fine now, I can get up now".

Ace ignores me and carries me in his arms and heads out his office towards his private elevator while telling his bodyguard to pack my bags and bring them down.

"Ace where are you taking me to"

"We are going to see a doctor"

"A doctor?. Ace that is really not necessary. I'm fine. It probably happened because I haven't eaten since today and......"

"What. Mia, you haven't eaten today and you let me take you the way I did in the office. What if something serious happened to you. Huh?. What would I have done? How could you not have had your breakfast? Fuck Mia, you are not taking care of yourself anymore. We are going to see a doctor and that's final".

"baby but I don't want to go to a hospital. I hate hospitals. Please don't make me go".
I try to persuade him. I honestly hated the smell of hospitals. It doesn't favor me well. Fortunately, he agrees.

"Fine, you won't go to the hospital, but I'm calling the doctor over to check on you to see what is wrong with you. Don't say anything further about this"

He says while looking out the window. He is mad at me for neglecting my health. I'll make it up to him later after seeing the doctor.
But for now, I'll try to talk to him.
I take his face in both my hands and turn him to face me.

"Ace I'm sorry Ok. I promise this is gonna be the last time I would do this".

"Mia please take care of yourself properly. I don't want anything happening to you my love".

He says as he pulls me into his arms. He places a soft kiss on my hair and I cuddle closer into his arms. I place my head in the crook of his neck and enjoy the silence of the ride.

We arrived back at home and Ace put me to bed. He had already called the doctor on our way back home. He's been dotting around me while waiting for the doctor to come. He's so caring.

"Where the fuck are you man. It's been thirty minutes since I called you"

"There has to be fucking traffic now. Just hurry up dude".

He ends the call and runs his hands through his hair.

"Ace come here. Come lie with me".
He moves to lay down with me while I pull him into my arms. I make him place his head on my chest while raking my fingers through his soft hair to calm him down.

"Ace calm down okay. I'm fine.".

He nods his head and snuggles closer to me while burying his head in the crook of my neck. He is such a big baby. I don't even know exactly how worried he is. I'm not even really sick and he's like this, what will he be like if something serious happened to me
Not that I'm complaining.

He lay in my arms for a few minutes before Martha came knocking on the door saying the doctor had arrived. Ace stood up and opened the door for the doctor to come in.