Chapter |11

MIA

It's been a week since the dinner party and Ace has been acting distant. I feel like he is avoiding me. I know he has a lot he is doing right now,but a simple hi or how was your day won't hurt. I know I sound selfish right now, but i don't like the feeling i get when he avoids me.

We only see each other at the office but we don't talk much except if he wants me to send an email or make a reservation or do something else and anytime i try to start a conversation, he somehow dismisses me. It honestly hurts.

I was surprised this morning when Ace told me he wanted to take me out on a date and I should get prepared. I was trilled because i would have an opportunity to know why he's been acting distant.

I stand in front of the mirror checking my appearance. I'm wearing a black off shoulder jumpsuit Which I pair with a red sandal heel. I smile satisfied at my dressing, pick up my bag and start heading downstairs.

I enter the car Ace sent to pick me up. The driver greets me and we start moving. Once we reach the place, i notice its a beach house and its beautiful. I receive a text from Ace and he tells me to meet him at the entrance. I walk towards the entrance and I see Ace.

I smile at him and he returns it. He wraps his arms around me and kisses me. I melt into the kiss and kiss him back hungrily. I mean i haven't been able to kiss him through out the week.
Once we release each other we start making our way inside.

I'm amazed at how beautiful everywhere looks. We make our way to the back and i notice we are on the beach. The floor and its surroundings were decorated with roses and fairy lights.

I look and see a table with flowers and cute lamps. It beautiful and romantic and still simple. Just the way I like it. This is what my dream date is, that means he was paying attention when i randomly said it.

"You did all of this?"

"I did. Do you like it.

"I love it Ace. Thanks so much. I didn't know you paid attention to what I said".

"I listen to every single thing you say Principessa". I missed being called that since this week.

"Shall we"

"Yes".

Dinner was served and we ate while also discussing. I didn't want to ask Ace why he was distant just yet. It might ruin the evening. Besides he's talking to me and looking at me like im the only one in the planet, why would I ruin this.

We are done with dinner and dessert and Ace suggested we take a walk.

"Mia i know I've been distant this past week. Its just i have been debating whether or not it's too early to tell you this, but i can't keep this to myself anymore; the thing is I love you Mia. I think I have from the first day we met. I love your smile, i love that you didn't trow yourself all over me like all women I meet do. I just love everything about you.

This past few months, living with you have been the best time of my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything, my love.
And you don't need to feel compelled to tell me you love me. It's Ok. You can take your time. But i just want to know if you'll do me the honor of being my girlfriend".

I am stunned. Ace just confessed his love to me and asked me to be his girlfriend. I can't say i love him yet, but I'm gradually falling for him. He has been so good and loving to me and has been there for me. I don't love him yet but that doesn't mean i don't want to be his. I do. Tears come to my eyes as I remember his confession. Ace loves me. I look at him and see he's feeling uneasy. I smile.