3

"Good morning," You greeted the eldest brother.

"What are you doing up so early?" Lucifer's brow rose in confusion. You tore your gaze from him and onto the side. "I felt like going to school early."

"...You just don't want to come across anyone here, don't you?"

"No..." You rolled your eyes, but both of you knew he was right.

"Anyway," You changed the subject. "If I'm early, then what are you doing here ahead of me?"

"I'm in charge of cooking duty." Lucifer informed.

"I see..." You snuck off, or at least, tried to.

"Now, now. Why don't you stay for a while? Not like you have anything you need to be in hurry for, right?"

"That's..." You trailed off. Lucifer seemed amused due to the fact that you were a bit slow in coming up with an excuse this time.

"Lord Diavolo would be thoroughly disappointed to know that all you had since moving here was a single glass of water." Lucifer paused. "So would Barbatos."

He watched as you flinched at his last words. He observed you as you mulled over his words before letting out a defeated sigh. "...Fine."

You took a seat in one of the chairs that surrounded the table.

Lucifer sent you a glance before disappearing from the kitchen. "I better not catch you trying to sneak off."

"Right, right." You shrugged it off. "You won't be seeing me leave if you're in the kitchen, after all."

You made your way out, just in time to see someone grumbling under their breath.

"Exchange student... Why do I gotta look after them?" Was the gist that you manage to pick up.

His head rose, meeting your eyes. He seemed visibly surprised. "Oh, it's you."

"...Yo?" You didn't know what to say.

"Yo..." He returned.

"See ya." As you tried to move past him, he questioned. "Aren't ya going to eat first?"

"I'll grab something on the way... maybe." You hurriedly walked past him and onto the front door. And with that, you set off to RAD.

The walk there was peaceful. The cold breeze brought by the early morning gently caressed your face.

You adjusted your grip on your bag.

Being naturally curious, you still couldn't decipher the meaning between Diavolo's decision.

Was is for you to simply broaden your relationship with the brothers?

Maybe he noticed the way you tried to avoid them as much as you could.

But could he blame you? They pretty much get into all kinds of trouble all days of the week.

And you wanted none of that.

You sometimes wonder how Lucifer doesn't have a head full of gray hair and a few wrinkles with how rowdy his brothers are.