13

The moment you three arrived home, you started searching separately.

Though the search was futile. Just like yesterday, nothing came up, much to your dismay.

You three met up at the hallway near the stairs.

"Any luck?" You questioned. But guessing from the fact that Luke was nowhere to be seen, as well as their devastated expressions, the answer was clear.

"Nope. None where I looked at all." Yuki groaned. "Where could he have gone?"

"...We should try one more time." Beel placed his fist on the palm of his hand. You and Yuki opened your mouths to say something, only for a hand to lay itself on your shoulder.

"So you're looking for something, are you?"

Satan's sudden appearance prompted Yuki to hold back an exclamation. The blond leaned over your other shoulder to peer at the duo. "What are you three whispering about?"

"I don't know what you mean. And we're not whispering." Beel's voice didn't show signs of lying, yet the stiff way he spoke was more than enough proof.

Satan knew it very well.

"Oh yes you are. And you'd better give me the truth, or I might have to go tell Lucifer about this."

He wouldn't, you figured. Satan wouldn't do that. He was just using that as a threat. But before you could even speak up, Beel just told him a semi-truth.

"We're looking for a dog named Luke."

"So you really are hiding a dog in your room then." Satan sighed. "I won't say anything to Lucifer about this, but you better get rid of it after you're done with it."

"...You're just salty you didn't get to keep a cat." You casually remarked. Satan smiled at you innocently before his hand snuck to your ear and pulled it, causing you to let out pained whine.

"Ow, ow! Stop it!" You swatted his arm. He backed away from you with a roll of his eyes. "Mhm, whatever. See ya."

And with that, he was gone.

"...You seem close to Satan." Beel observed. You shook your head. "Not sure about that. He just likes to mess with me."

...

The duo didn't bother correcting you. There were more important things to deal with at the moment.

You three wandered around the house as a group now. "Weird how he's still missing until now. Without a single trace, too."

"It would make more sense if he actually left the House of Lamentation..." Beel paused. "But we definitely hid him in the closet. I know we did."

"I'm quite sure Luke would inform us if he had actually left. If he went back to the Purgatory Hall, then Simeon would have told us too." Yuki mused.

Beel sighed. "Could Luke actually be somewhere inside the House of Lamentation?"

As you three conversed, you stopped by a miniature model of the House of Lamentation. Maybe it could give you guys an idea...?

Fortunately, Beel noticed something.

"Wait a second. Look at this dollhouse over here." He pointed to a certain room you and Yuki hadn't seen before. "That's strange. There's one extra room here, one that doesn't exist."