24

"Morning," You greeted Lucifer with a yawn. You had to wake up earlier than usual due to Asmo's insistence on you following a portion of his routine. You placed a hand above your eye, trying to rub off the sleepiness you felt.

Lucifer's brow rose. You gestured for him to get going. You halted upon noticing him standing motionlessly. You twisted your neck to peer at him. He reached a hand out above you, making contact with your hair.

You were caught by surprise as he began combing your hair with his gloved fingers, fixing a few tangles that easily came undone. It took a few seconds before he pulled his hand back, nodding to himself in satisfaction. You gazed at him with a startled expression.

Then you just decided to let it slide. With a meek shake of your head, you turned around and began walking. You gratefully uttered out a thanks.

You didn't catch his reaction due to you taking the lead.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

As usual, the present brothers along with Yuki had been chatting among themselves. Though you and Lucifer were quite a distance away from being noticed, their words were still pretty understandable.

Asmo laid both his elbow on the table, intertwining his fingers and placing his chin on top. An amused expression was plastered on his face as he gazed at Yuki in question. "I'm curious though, Yuki. Why is it that you want to make pacts with us, anyway?"

The female seemed surprised by the sudden inquiry, pausing for a moment to think about it. Then she answered. "I...want to earn Lucifer's respect."

As if on cue, you and Lucifer both furrowed your brows at her reply. And it was clear that the two of you weren't the only ones caught by surprise. Mammon sighed exasperatedly. "Man, you're a weird one... I mean, I knew that, but still."

"This is the one time I have to agree with Mammon. I mean, you want Lucifer's respect? What's the point of that?" Satan crossed his arms. You placed a hand on your cheek as you participated in the conversation. "I must admit, that is a bit of an advantage for certain circumstances, but why the need to earn such a thing?"

"Good question. What is the point of that?" Lucifer spoke up after you, sending you a slight glare at your clear shade.

Your brain was working a bit slower than normal because it took you a few moments to realize why Yuki wanted Lucifer's 'respect'.

...Your dumbass realized that specific circumstance was now. Seeing realization flash through your eyes for a second there, Yuki couldn't help but feel curious.

What did you realize, exactly?

Yuki quickly tore her gaze from you as soon as she heard Lucifer's follow up question. "But what I want to know is 'why' you want it. What are you trying to accomplish?"