7

"...that maybe in another life... I can truly be with you."

Yuki woke up. Her eyes were glossed with tears as it opened.

Ugh, what happened?

She closed her eyes, trying her best to recall anything that happened in her dream.

"Then, I can only wish...

That maybe in another life... I can truly be with you..."

A voice of a female, whispers in a painful tone.

But who...?

The loud and continuous ringing of her alarm began. She reached a hand out to grab her D.D.D. She even woke up a bit earlier.

How strange...

- - -

School continued as normal, such as the usual stares directed at her.

Only now that she paid better attention, you seemed to disappear quite quick. From the classes she shared with you, she caught on that you were the type to bolt out the room silently right after the bell rung.

Whenever she came looking for you, she'd see you walking alongside either Lord Diavolo, Barbatos, or both.

The three of you caught sight of the wandering female. Diavolo cheerily greeted the girl, while you and Barbatos just waved.

As soon as she turned away, you shot her an unreadable look. She barely managed to catch the gesture. She turned back and shot you a look of confusion. You merely smiled politely in return.

She never actually found the meaning behind such action.

- - -

Night fell. Yuki did her best to get comfortable in her bed, yet nothing seemed to work. She couldn't bring herself to sleep. A distraught sigh left her lips.

She set out to pass time. A little walking around would surely tire her out until she was feeling sleepy, right?

Who knows?

On her mini-stroll around the place, she came across a butterfly. It flew around her head before resting on top of it.

She held a hand out to touch it, only to be surprised by the fact that it didn't leave. Yuki decided to leave it like that.