52

"Now that we're done eating, you should head to bed, Beel." You patted the male in the head. Beel hummed drowsily. "You're probably right..."

He stood up, pushing his seat back to its old spot as you did the same. Beel gave you a side glance. "Oh, by the way. Solomon came by earlier. Mammon also left his room too."

"Solomon visited?" You repeated, surprised. Beel nodded. You raised a brow. "He was here for Asmo or Luci, right?"

"...Apparently not." Beel mused. "I heard he went to speak with Mammon?"

"...So he got Mammon to leave his room?"

"All he needed was a little push." Beel smiled. "But I think Mammon's back to going to RAD tomorrow."

"That's nice to hear." You bore a relieved expression. You reached a hand out to touch your neck.

"...Actually, I've been meaning to ask you..." Beel started.

"...But where are your bandages?"

...

"...I didn't know you were that much of an idiot as to not notice the fact that your neck is currently exposed."

The Avatar of Wrath sat on your bed, arms crossed as he peered straight into your eyes. The moonlight seeped into your room, illuminating the male's silhouette. His green eyes seemed as though they were glowing ominously.

You couldn't look away.

A gust of wind greeted you harshly, the frigid temperature nearly making you shiver. The curtains swerved along with the breeze, reminding you that the window was closed when you left earlier.

Satan closed his eyes, relaxing his posture. You took a shallow breath.

"...You intended for me to find out, didn't you?"

He inched closer to your nightstand and grabbed your rolled up bandage. He threw the fabric at you, to which you caught. You hummed lightly. "Tell me, Satan. What was your intention in doing this? To provoke me?"

"...Can't it just be because I don't like having to lie to you?"

"So you're fine with invading my privacy, but not with lying?" You flashed a coy smile his way. Satan frowned. "Then I apologize."

"..." You lifted the collar of your shirt, catching a quick sight of the mark. You then sighed. "Wouldn't it have been better if you covered your tracks? No way were you that much of an idiot to forget to do that."

"...Maybe because I'm tired of you having to hide me?" Satan leaned back in a relaxed manner, the mattress dipping slightly even more. Your brow quirked. "So you knew for a while now?"