39

"Barbatos, I won't let you go until you promise me."

'That's right. I'd rather you not let go.'

"Barbatos."

"...I promise."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Does anyone know what the problem is between Barbatos and (M/n)?"

Yuki leaned back onto the couch. The brothers formed a circle beside her, sitting. Satan nodded. "I see you've caught on as well."

"He's been pretty stiff with Barbatos, huh?" Mammon mused. "It's actually surprising that he managed to keep it up for this long."

"For this long?" Beel questioned. The white-haired demon nodded. "I mean, yeah! You know those two..."

"I think Beel is referring more about the duration." Asmodeus clarified. Beel crossed his arms. "Right. I thought it was only recent..."

"...You've been paying a lot of attention to this, huh Mammon? Didn't expect you to notice that much." Leviathan gave him a backhanded praise, earning himself an irk mark on Mammon's forehead.

"Shaddup." Mammon huffed. "The point is, (M/n)'s been avoiding Barbatos."

"And do you know why that is?" Lucifer spoke up. The second born looked up at him, blinking twice. "...Actually, I was kinda hopin' you'd know."

"...Well we're out of luck if so."

"Aww..." Yuki frowned. Asmodeus hummed. "That's strange. I'd think you'd know why, especially since you're closer to Barbatos."

"I noticed it as well, but just as you, I didn't expect it to go for this long." Lucifer admitted. Yuki swallowed a lump in her throat. "...You think Barbatos confessed his feelings or something?"

Leviathan and Asmodeus gasped dramatically. The corners of Mammon's lips tugged down. "No way!" 

"That's a pretty common anime trope, though! Like, a lot of people experience those kind of stuff!" Leviathan exclaimed. Asmodeus nodded as well, expression dowsed in an unusually stern manner. "Oh please, it happens a lot of times, even outside anime."

"I can agree with that." Satan agreed. Yuki's head swayed back and forth. "See? You think that's what happened?" 

"Wait, Barbatos likes (M/n) romantically?" Belphegor was caught by surprise.