36

"Hm?"

Lucifer's ears picked up a low hum. Halting in his tracks, the sound became even more evident. He closed his eyes.

The faint sound of strumming...

He was well aware of who it was.

But why was the sound coming from the underground tomb?

The Avatar of Pride quietly sauntered down the stairs. As he made his way closer, the melody gained clarity. Lucifer noted that it was an unfamiliar tone. One that he hadn't heard before.

The strumming came to a slow and peaceful stop as Lucifer took the last step. There, a meek figure sat in front of her tomb. You cocked your head back to peer at the male, laying your lyre beside you carefully.

Lucifer took a few steps forward, stopping once he was beside you. You adjusted your position into a more relaxed state. You leaned back and looked up at him with a small grin. "Luci~"

He sighed, a familiar feeling forming in his chest. Lucifer could feel the tight feeling that formed from the last few couple of days loosening. Were you back now?

And just what did Diavolo mean when he said you were 'figuring out a few things for yourself'?

"It feels weird to be sitting here in the underground tomb. I mean, I know Lilith's body isn't really in there, but still..."

Lucifer's eyes trailed up to the said rectangular figure. He found himself letting out thoughtful hum. "...Quite a shock you gave to everyone when you told them about your previous relationship."

"Aren't you included?" You sent a mysterious smile to him. He crossed his arms. "Of course, I was."

"Then what do you think?"

"..."

Lucifer took a moment to respond. He heaved a sigh. "Actually, after you had left to the Purgatory Hall, we took a few more moments to talk about that matter."

"And? Any signs of scorn?"

"No, are you an idiot?" He flicked the top of your head. You let out a slight whine. He retracted his hand and shook his head. "Of course not."

"Getting over the shock, we somewhat knew that you had a valid reason to do what you did. They said Lilith was quite lucky to have such a person, even if it was only for a limited amount of time."

You were caught by surprise at his words. Your eyes widened as you leaned back a bit. Then a laugh escaped your lips. Lucifer felt his shoulders slacken at the sound. Man, hearing that after a week of your depressive episodes, he found it nice...

"What's t-that supposed to mean--?" You wheezed. Lucifer ruffled your hair with a quiet laugh. You shook your head, laugh calming down into a mere chuckle. "...That's probably the opposite."