55

Faint humming was heard when Belphegor woke up, the melody nearly driving him back to sleep. The Avatar of Sloth squeezed his incredibly warm pillow and nuzzled his face into it. He drowsily noted how strange it was that he felt slight vibrations.

A hand reached out, ruffling his hair comfortingly. Belphegor cracked an eye open.

His vision was blurry, prompting him to rub his eye lids. He could barely make out a puff of (h/c). He burrowed his face deeper as he turned his head away. The supposed pillow grunted, growing slightly warm.

"...B-Belphie, I know you're awake, idiot. Stop teasing me like this."

The said male felt the corner of his lips stretch into a knowing smile. A hand grasped his cheek and pinched it. The pillow was now trying to pull away from Belphegor's embrace.

Finally, Belphegor opened his eyes. The instant he did, he tilted his head up. His eyes met yours. You sighed. "Took you long enough."

"Mmm..." The male squeezed your waist, making your neck grow warm. Your eye twitched. "Please, kindly let me go."

"What time is it?"

"...Dunno. Dinner went by a few hours ago though."

"I see." Belphegor begrudgingly released his hold and sat up. With a lazy smile, he inquired. "How long have you been up?"

"A bit now." You replied, placing a fairly thin book by your nightstand. His brow quirked. "Where'd you get that?"

"Satan handed it to me a bit ago, when dinner went by. He thought I'd like it."

"Restart." Belphegor read out. "Hmm? What's it about?"

"A time traveler's lover perishing in his very arms." You then shook your head. "Not important. It's a short read though, if you want it."

"...Nah." Belphegor leaned back. "You said you wanted to talk to me?"

"...You said you wanted to talk." You shot back. The male shrugged. "Does it matter?"

You rolled your eyes. "Whatever. Let's get on with it."

"...You know, I woke up a little earlier."

"...?"

"And you had your face scrunched up, almost like you were in pain."

"...!" You clenched your jaw, startled by his unique start of a topic. Eyeing you carefully, Belphegor continued. "You kept mumbling and stuff."

"...What else?"

"Nothing."