53

"...What a dirty tactic."

You frowned, glowering at Levi in disappointment. The indigo-haired male flinched. He nervously laughed. "Ahaha... W-what does that mean?"

"You purposely made my outfit eye catching so yours wouldn't stand out as much!"

"No I didn't!"

Levi took a step back warily. You smiled blankly. "Why are you so nervous then?"

"...!" His breath hitched as you took a step forwards. A moment of silence passes between the two of you before he sprinted away, you following right after.

"Look who's running away from me!"

"How could I not run?! You're chasing me!"

"You won't think of doing that if your intentions were truly pure!"

Levi hastily makes a turn, grabbing Barbatos' shoulder and hiding behind him. The dual-haired male grunted softly, brows furrowing. You were forced to stop in front of the two. "What's this now?"

"Ahaha... What was that, (M/n)? What were we arguing about?" Levi peeks above Barbatos' shoulder, the male still confused about what was going on. You frowned. "I said, you shouldn't have made my outfit eye catching!"

"...So you don't like the costume Barbatos sewed for you?" Levi taunted, smugness radiating off him. Barbatos blinked twice, fixating his gaze onto you. You were caught off guard. Your eyes widened, startled.

"...You don't find the outfit to your liking?"

You flinched at his dejected tone. Levi's grin broadened, still using the male as a shield. You frantically shook your head. "No no no! That's not what I..."

"...Then, what did you mean?" Barbatos tilted his head to the side.

Your eyes flickered towards Levi's form for a split second, sending him a swift glare before looking back at Barbatos. "...I-- ...Nothing..."

Barbatos snuck a glance at Levi, who seemed relieved. You rolled your eyes at the indigo-haired male's childish tactic before huffing. "Whatever. I'll get you back for this, Levi."

"..."

"Alright, may I have everyone's attention?"

Simeon spoke loudly, successfully doing so. Many heads turned to his direction, confusion and curiosity visible in their expression. Diavolo and Solomon stood beside the angel.

"...Anything wrong?" Lucifer inquired. Simeon hummed, a tinge of sorrow lacing his tone. Your brow rose.

"Ah, well... You see..." His eyes flickered to the two beside him. "...Something came up, and I'm afraid we won't be able to make it to the play."