18a: Your Anger, Your Anchor. But I'll Sail Much Further

Parahoy Day 1:

Hayley’s POV:

Security rushed us rapidly through the elevator doors. Concert number one was officially done with.

Now all that is left of us is to go to our cabins, relax and hang with our musical friends.

Yes, even Chad.

The elevator quickly went up to deck 14. The artist deck.

Taylor and I rushed to our cabin. He, I as well, were in desperate need of a shower.

I think having us perform in an outside venue left us extra sweaty this evening.

“Taylor?” I questioned as he unlocked our cabin door.

“Yeah?” he turned to me with a wide smile.

“Do you think that things will get awkward if I run into Chad?”

He smiled. “Maybe.” He softly wrapped an arm around me. “Maybe not.” He kisses my neck. “That all depends on how things went the last time you two saw each other.”

I groaned. “That’s the thing. Last thing I ever said to him was that I never wanted to see him again in my life. Yet,” I shrugged my shoulders, “here we are again. Having to face each other in once again, an unusual manner.”

Taylor held me close to his sweaty body. “Look babe, things can get as comfortable or uncomfortable as you want them to get. If you’re hanging out with Carah and he walks into the room, the move is yours.”

“What do you mean?” I said confused.

He sighed heavily. “I mean, if you’re not comfortable being around him, you can leave. No one is going to be holding you back babe. Not me, not him. Only yourself.”

I smiled. “You always know what to say to make me feel better.”

“That’s why you married me, isn’t it?”

I giggled. “Dang it York, you have me all figured out.”

He laughed. “Come on Mrs. York. Let’s get ready. I actually would like to catch the Tegan and Sara show.”

“Oh right.” I rushed into the bathroom while he got his clothes together. Besides, I take longer to get ready. So I get to shower first, by default.

**

Time went by, and Taylor and I were successful escorted back into the elevators before anyone noticed we had snuck backstage.

He took my hand as I rested my head on his chest.

“I’m starving.” I mentioned.

He nodded. “Me too. How about some pizza?”

“Oh yes.” I said like a five year old child.

He laughed at my silliness. Pretty sure at this point he was accustomed to it.

We arrived again on deck 14.

This time we weren’t headed to our cabin.

This time we went to the place the staff had set up for us to have food.

It was a small lounge type like.

I guess you could call it the VIP lounge.

Most of the other bands and artist were all here having dinner.

Even, yes, Chad.

My eyes quickly locked with his.

But I moved my head away.