4: Living in the Real World

Chapter 4:

Taylor's POV:

For the last couple of weeks our schedule has officially become chaotic.

The band had been going from LA to New York from meeting to meeting. And interview after interview.

Currently we were in LA wrapping up on the 'Now' music video.

'Twas fun, but my shoulder was starting to bother me.

"Ow." I saw softly as I wiped the chalk off my face and hands.

"What's wrong babe?" Hayley peeked her head from behind the shower curtain.

"My shoulder is just bothering me." I rubbed it again.

"Be right out." She poked her head back into the shower. Shortly after turning the water all together.

"Let me see." She stepped out of the shower wrapping a towel above her chest.

I turned taking my shirt off. She carefully ran her cold hands along my warm skin.

"Oh baby." I felt her place a small kiss on my throbbing shoulder.

"Is it that bad?" I asked. Almost too scared to know the truth.

"It's pretty banged up." She said with worried eyes. "There's this big bruise forming. And it's getting swollen."

"Oh." I bit my bottom lip. "I'll go get some heating pads from the store then." I tried to place my shirt back on my body.

"No." Hayley said. Taking the shirt from my hands. "I'll go. You stay here. Shower and make sure to apply ice. I'll go to the rite aid."
I smiled. "Could you pick up some food as well?"

She nodded. "Sure will Hun. What would you like?"

I smirked. "You." I said wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Sorry, not on the menu."

I chuckled. "Fine, I'll take some Sushi." She grinned

"Good choice." She rose on her toes and planted a small kiss on my lips. "I won't be long. I promise."

I nodded as she slipped out of the bathroom door.

I sighed looking in the mirror one last time before I finally stepped into the already steaming hot water.

Instantly flinching when the water hit my forming bruise.

"Shit." I whispered as I rubbed body wash over my body. All of it aching at this point.

"Be right back babe." She yelled through the door.

"Alright. Be safe." I called back.
"Love you!"
"Love you more!"
I heared her sweet giggle one last time before the slamming of the hotel door.

Hayley's POV:

"Just one today?" The one woman behind the register asked me.

"No," I shook my head. "I'm here to pick up an order I just called it in."

"Okay, name of the order?"

"Hayley."
She nodded. "I'll be right back."
She stepped away from the podium. Disappearing behind the doors.
I stood awkwardly as I waited for her to return with my order. I went through my phone and checked the scheduling. I read emails about our flight to London to promote out 4th album.

All of it seemed like a dream.

'Ms?' I turned my body towards the young woman. "Oh. I'm sorry Mrs." She giggled. "Did not realize there is a ring on that finger."

I giggled.

"Oh there's a ring on there all right." A very familiar voice came from behind me.

My throat became dry and I desperately wanted to dissapear into thin air.

I turned my body enough to come face to face with Chad and a woman who was attached to his side.

"Well aren't you going to say hi?" He flashed a smile.

"Hi." I was pulled into the most awkward hug in all of existence.

"Hey Hball, how you've been?" He asked as we pulled away.

"Everything is going great." I forced a smile. And started long into those eyes I once was so blindly in love with.

"Oh where are my manners? Hayley this is Nina, my girlfriend."

She extended her hand towards me and I took it.

"Nice to meet you Nina." I smiled toward her. Not to judge, but her eyes expressed so much youth and innocence. She couldn't be a day over 21.

"Pleasure is all mine. Big fan." She grinned.

"Well I hate to break this up, but I must get going back to my husband."

I turned my body towards the young woman behind the counter.

"How much?"

"$34.75."
I pulled my wallet from my purse when Chad came up beside me.

"No, let me get this. Besides I owe you a wedding gift."
I nervously nodded. Taking the bag in my slightly shaking hand.
"it was so nice to meet you Nina." I extended my free hand and shook hers. "Chad."

He smiled and pulled me into a big hug. "Thank you for dinner."

"It is no problem at all." I pulled away. "Maybe we can go out for coffee while you're still in LA? Are you free tomorrow for lunch?"
I sighed. And said the one thing I couldn't help but say;

"Tomorrow sounds great."

** 3 Words: 'self-titled Deluxe!**