33: And When We Get Home...

Chapter 33:

Hayley's POV:

I smiled as I held Melody in my arms. I pressed her closer to my chest. I just couldn't believe this tiny person was mine.

Ours.

It baffled me to learn about her existence and the fact that well, we were able to create life together. After all the stories I've heard, I guess you could say I had a good pregnancy. The last couple of weeks have been the roughest of them all. I guess she was just getting herself ready to come out and meet the rest of us.

And we were pretty psyched to meet her as well.

She sleeps so much. Definitely my kid.

I smile to myself at the thought and just stare at how peaceful she is. Such a beauty.

Brighter than all the stars.

I scanned her tiny face and yet, I still couldn't pin out who she looked like.
I noticed she has Taylor's cute button nose.

I smiled and couldn't help myself.

I slowly pull her up and place a gentle kiss on it.

She smiles wide in her sleep and I can't help but melt.

"Knock. Knock." The door slowly opens as Taylor pokes his head through.

I look over and nod.

He enters along with my mom, his mom and dad, Jeremy and Kat.

They all gather around me very quickly and very excitingly.

"Everyone." Taylor sits on the small space I made for him. "This is Melody Victoria York."
I smile very proud of the name he chose. SO accurate, so significant, just perfect.

"She is gorgeous," my mother extends her arms. "May I?"

I nod and place Melody onto my mother's arm carefully.

"Oh Hayley." My mom looks up at me after looking down at the baby. "I'm so proud of you. Of both of you." Her eyes fill with tears.

"She is beyond beautiful." Mama York comments as she is now holding the baby.

They continue to pass her around and just admire. I lay my head on Taylor's shoulder and sigh. A happy sigh.

He turns his head and places a kiss on the side of mine.

"I'm so in love with you." He whispers close to my ear.

"Ditto."

**

Everyone only was able to stay for an hour.

Hospital rules.

Which I'm kind of grateful for. I was beyond exhausted.

I mean I did literally just had a baby. I was allowed to be tired.

Taylor places the baby into the bassinet right after her feeding.

I smile at him.

"What?" he asks with a cheeky smile.

"You look very sexy as a dad." I bite onto my bottom lip.

He chuckles and shakes his head. "You obviously need to get some rest. You're delusional."

I giggle. "Maybe."

He sighs. "We all need to get some rest." He looks into the bassinet and exhales deeply. "I can't believe we made this."

I nod. "I know. Like how is it even possible?"