35: Remember to Slow Down

Chapter 35:

Narrative POV:

*5 years later*

You could say they were a little rough around the edges. Paramore hasn't performed in nearly five years.

You see after they had Melody, Taylor, Hayley and Jeremy thought it be best for their growing families to have time to spend at home and actually enjoy the first few years of their children's life.

Which Jeremy and Kat wasted no time to expand. They had a baby boy nearly three years ago. Baby bliss was now 6 years old. Melody was just about to turn 5. And well little Benji had just turned two.

**

She sighs as she sits in the sofa backstage of the Nashville Theater.

"Would you have ever thought we, Paramore, would have time to relax and take a breather." She says as she smiles to herself.

Taylor nods. "What's life if you don't get to sit back and enjoy it every once in a while."
She bits down on her bottom lip and leans her head against his shoulder. "You nervous?" He asks in a low voice.
She nods her head against him. "Yeah, you?" She pulls away and looks him deep in his caramel eyes.

"Yeah." He nods.

She exhales and stands up. "I have to go to hair and makeup now."
He nods. "Make sure Brian adds extra concealer on all those wrinkles."
Hayley turns and flips him off.

Only causing him to break into laughter.

But he was right. She wasn't that teenager that had zero confidence in the way she presented herself.

She looks at her reflection carefully.

She was a woman now. A married woman with a child to take care off. A woman of music.

Thee frontwoman of Paramore.

She smiles to herself and sits on the chair while Brian sets up.

"You ready for the big comeback?" he asks as he applies some liquid foundation on her porcelain skin.

She shrugs. "I don't know. We haven't performed in so long. I don't know if I still got it." She sighs. "I know Taylor and Jeremy still practice and keep up. But me," she breaths heavily. "I haven't sang in front of an audience in years. The only one I sing to anymore is Melody and somehow she likes it when Taylor sings to her more." She grins.

"Well Taylor does have a soothing voice." Brian picks up a sponge from the counter top. "It's a shame he's too self-conscious to use it."
Hayley nods. "I know. I hear him sing to her all the time and frankly, I think he sounds even better than I do."
Brian chuckles. "That I highly doubt."
Hayley smiles and soon that is replaced by a pout.

"You're going to do great. You know Paramore can rock any fucken stage."
Hayley just stays quiet and enjoys the music that is softly drifting with the wind.

**

"That sounds better Andrew." He says into the microphone as he sets down his guitar.

"Great sound check guys." Justin pats Taylor on the back as he takes a sip of water.

Taylor nods and goes to sit on the Paramore box.

The guys just disappear into the back.

All but Jeremy who stayed behind and jumped off stage.

Taylor chuckled under his breath. "You could break a hip you know?"

Jeremy laughed. "Dude come on, it's me, I'm like the red ranger."