6: Rock n Roll Baby

Chapter 6:

Taylor's POV:

I was all laugh and giggles with my brother and Jeremy while we stepped off the plane in Sydney.

Hayley came up from behind me and took my hand in hers. I smiled down at her as she scanned through her phone.

We boarded a car that was waiting to take us to the auditorium, where we would be playing Sound Wave.

I continued my conversation with Jeremy about beach plans later on, when suddenly Hayley's nails dug into my hand.

Instantly I turned to her. She looked like a ghost.

"What's wrong?" I voiced my concern.

"Our gear is lost."

"What?!?" Jeremy wiped his head back to us. "What do you mean our gear is lost?"

"Yeah, people keep commenting that on Instagram. And I've seen it more than once on Twitter."

"Hold on." I quickly pulled out my phone and dialed Adam's number.

"Great. I finally caught you." Adam spoke with urgency in his voice. "Have you heard what's going on?"

"So our gear is lost?" I turned to Hayley who threw her head back in frustration.

"Yeah. Unfortunately. We don't know where it is."

"Fuck." Was all I managed to get out. "What do we do now?"

I looked at the eyes of everyone in our van. All seemed to be bummed out.

"Well, first things first, get to the venue. Hopefully your gear is already there." I nodded. "And if it isn't, then just wait until you see if you are able to play or not."

I sighed. "Alright, well we're on our way there."

"Okie. Call me as soon as you know anything."

"Thanks Adam."

"Good Luck Taylor." he said quickly before the other end went dead.

"So?" Hayley's voice cut through the awkward silence.

"We have to get to the venue and see what our next step is."

She released a deep sigh and dug her face into my shoulder.

Once again, everything fell silent. The tension and stress within this van could be felt from a mile away.

Finally after what felt like hours, we arrived at the venue. One by one we quickly unloaded our van and went over to the dressing room with our name on it.

"Okay, so you all wait here." Jeremy spoke up. "I'm ganna go find out what's going on."

"I'll come with you." Hayley spoke up.

"I'll come along as well."
Hayley nervously hooked her arm in mine.

We finally got to talk to someone in charge. But they couldn't give us any good information. We found out our gear had been found, but now time was against us.

It might not make it in time for us to play.

"This is so not fair." Hayley slumped down onto the small sofa. "This is so not fair to our fans."

"I know baby." I sat on the edge and began to rub her her back calmly.

"What are we going to do Taylor?" Her green eyes sparkled with tears. "We can't let them down. We can't just not play. There must be something we can do."

"We have to keep positive Hayles." I sent her a warm smile.

"It's so hard to keep positive when I'm like Stress city over here." She released a deep sigh. "What if they end up hating us if we can't play."

"Hayley." I turned to see her nose turn a light pink. "I have faith that it will all work out. Somehow, we are playing tonight."

She gave me a small smile. "Promise?"

I took her left hand in mine and placed a gently kiss on her bar tattoo, "promise."

She grinned up at me and hooked her arms around my neck.

A slight knock on our door broke our embrace.

"Come in." I announced as Hayley sat up.

"Guys," Jeremy announced as he walked through the door. "Come with."

I hopped right onto my feet. Extending my hand out to Hayley. Which she nervously took.

"Alright." Joe, the person in charge of the event said. "Good news is, your gear is about an hour away. Bad news, by that time, your slot would have past, and you'd have to rush to set up everything."

"What does that mean?" Hayley spoke up.

"Means you have two options here. One, you just don't play at all. And two, you get your team to haul ass and get everything together."

"If there is a chance we could play tonight, we're playing" I said without a doubt in my mind.

"Agree." Jeremy said.

"Alright, guess Paramore is headlining tonight." Joe smiled at us before disappearing.

"See babe, I told you we would we playing tonight." I turned to smile at Hayley.

While we rushed to the dressing room to prepare for the night, our touring team went out and did their thing.

By the time I was handed my guitar, the crowd was pumped and ready to go. And so was I.

Throughout the show I kept glancing over at Hayley as she had the biggest smile on her face.

I knew that somehow, everything was going to fall right into place.