11: What I've Always Loved the Most About You

Chapter 11

Hayley's POV:

Throughout the night I kept waking up. My stomach kept turning and I hoped to all the Gods to stop the pain.

Taylor was in no way sleeping that night for fear that I might choke on my own vomit.

I insisted on sleeping in a bunk, that way he could get some rest. But he refused to leave me only.

Selfishly, I was thankful he didn't leave me.

I didn't want to admit it, but I was scared. Being sick has always been my worst nightmare for fear of losing my voice permanently.

"Taylor." I nudged him softly on his rib.

"Yeah." He responded in a low tired voice.

"Since we clearly aren't sleeping tonight," I smiled, "want to go watch the sun rise?"

"I'd love to." He smiled.

I smiled at him softly and rose from the bed. I was no longer dizzy, which was a good sign, right? But I still felt a little nauseous. I was just hoping that fresh air would do me good.

"Come on." He whispered as he extended his hand out to me. I more than happily took it and allowed him to quietly lead me out of the bus. To my surprise we were at another venue that looked nothing like the one from Utah.

"Umm, T?" I asked looking at my surroundings.

"Yeah?" He said as we sat on the side of the bus.

"Where exactly are we?" My eyes kept checking my surroundings for any sign.

"Uh," he exhaled. "Denver."

"Wait. Did you just say Denver?" He nodded. "Taylor. Explain." I said calmly.

"Look Hayles," he placed his hand over mine. "I pulled the plug on Utah." He said sheepishly.

"Taylor!" I exclaimed. "Why T? Why did you go behind my back and do the one thing I asked you not to? You know how much this tour means to me. You know how I feel about canceling shows." I rested my head on the bus. "And now the fans are going to hate me because once again, it's my fault a show was cancelled."

"Hey." He said placing his hand on my thigh. Giving it a slight squeeze. "Hayley?" I bit on his hoodie sleeve. "Look at me." I slightly rose my sight to him.

"What?"

"I'm sorry I went behind your back and cancelled. But what other choice did I have? I can't just watch my wife go through a night like tonight and then expect her to put on A+ performance. You have to take care of yourself baby." He pushed a stray hair from my face.

"I guess." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Now," he scooted closer to me, "flash me that beautiful smile of yours." I did and got one in return, "that's the one I love."

I giggled and placed my head in the crook of his neck.

"Feeling better?" He asked rubbing my arm.

"Sort of."

He pulled away. "How can I help?"

I moved my lips from left to right as I thought of something. "DO you have your acoustic handy?"

"Yeah." He said confused. "Why?"

"Go get it." He chuckled.

"As you wish." He said standing up and quickly going into the bus.

As he was away I thought about how sweet and caring he was towards me. The perfect guy for me in every aspect. I blushed to myself as If he could see me.

A quick minute passed by before he came back out with his case in hand.

"Here." He said handing it to me.

"Thank you sir."

"Anything for my princess." I blushed. I sat the guitar on my lap.

"Sit." I instructed. He did.

"I'm going to play you a song that has been one of my favorites since I was like 11." He smiled.

"Okay." He adjusted his body and gave me his full attention as I began to play...

When the vision around you

Bring tears to your eyes

And all that surrounds you

Are secrets and lies

I'll be your strength

I'll give you hope

Keeping your faith when it's gone

The one you should call

Was standing there all along

And I will take you in my arms

And hold you right where you belong

Till the day my life is through

This I promise you

This I promise you...

By the end of the song, both Taylor and I had tears in our eyes.

He smiled softly and scooted forward to plant a kiss on my lips.

"I love you." He said resting his forehead on mine.

"I love you too." I giggled.

He pulled away to sit next to me and allowed me to rest my head on his chest as we watched the rest of the sun rise.

We must have spent hours like this, but it all felt like seconds.

"Come on T," I picked myself off the ground. "I'm getting kind of hungry."

"Looks like someone is feeling better." He chuckled as he jumped to his feet.

I giggled. "Way better."

He grabbed his case with one hand and held mine with the other as we carefully climbed the steps into the bus.

All the guys were just waking up.

"Morning." I said as I rushed over to Jeremy's side.

"Morning H." He ruffled my hair. "Someone looks better."

"And feels better too." I said with a slight nod.

He chuckled. "Have a good night?"

I turned my head over to see Taylor talking to Justin while he served us some cereal. He rose his head up and we shared a stare. Our lips forming into smile.

"It was something alright."

** I don't know what I wrote, ha-ha, but I loved it. Especially because I was able to incorporate N*Sync. And anytime I get to do that, is A-Okay with me **