25: The Sound of My Only Hope

Chapter 25:

Taylor's POV:

"I'm pregnant."

My heart stops, my stomach becomes knots.

I look at her scared eyes.

Gripped her hand, and kissed her nose.

She looks at me and smiles.

A sad one.

A worried one.

A scared one.

"Are you okay?" She says sincerely.

I nod. "Most importantly, are you?"

She nods. "Yes. Just the normal morning sickness. Well at least I've been told its normal." She giggles.

I sigh. "When did you find out?"

"Couple days ago."

"Why didn't you tell me Hayles?"

My voice sounding more disappointing than I intended it to be.

She shrugs her shoulders. "I wouldn't know how you would react. I didn't want to say it over the phone. And honestly," she looks down, "I don't want to get my hopes up."

Her eyes fill with tears.

"hey." I say softly as I take her on my lap.

She nuzzles her head on my shoulder while she holds my hand.

"Why are you so sad? Why are you so shaky Hayley?" my voice on the verge of cracking.

I hated that I couldn't just be the knight in shiny armor that she needs.

She was so delicate and so strong all at once.

The woman I love.

"What if the same thing happens again? What if my body can't handle it? I don't know what I would do if it happens again." She breaks down into quiet sobs. "What if you leave me because of this?"

"Hayley, you listen to me." I turn my head and stared deep in her eyes. "Regardless of anything, you and I will always be together. I made a vow to be with you for better or worse. In sickness and in health. There are times in our life that everything seems to be crushing down. But we must not focus on that. Focus on the now. On the present. On our present."

Her tired eyes looked into mine deeply.

"How am I ever supposed to keep a positive mindset when our history tells us other wise."

"By letting me take care of you. By letting whatever is meant to happen, happen."

She looks at me with her sad eyes.

"Do you think that we'll make it?"

I nod.

"Hayley," I sigh, "I have hope. Much, much hope for us. If this pregnancy is what God has put in our path, then I am ready for it."

She smiles wide and wraps her arms around me. Knocking me down onto my back.

I chuckle as her giggles fill my very soul.

She straddles my waist carefully, interlocking our fingers as she hold me down.

I smile, she smiles back.

"I really missed you." Her body is more relaxed.

"Well I missed you too honey."

She bites down on her her lip and gives me a look I have learned very well to cater to.

She leans down and kisses me with passion.

I kiss her back.

Within seconds of heavy lip action, I am taking off my shirt.

I press my lips to her neck, when I was pushed away.

Confused, she climbs off me and lays by my side.

"What?" I look over at her. "What just happened?"

My heart racing, my breathing heavy.

She inhales. "We can't."

"And why not?" I whine.

She giggles. "We don't know if it's safe yet. You know for the baby." She looks down onto her stomach.

I grin. "Right, our baby."

I place my hand on her stomach.

She plays with my curls while I carefully rub her stomach that is holding life.

"We have an appointment tomorrow. I'll ask the doctor if sex is safe. And if everything is okay."

I place a long kiss on her forehead.

She scrunches her nose.

"Sorry I can't you know, perform." She says with an apologetic smile.

I chuckle.

"Actually, I wouldn't mind a nap right about now. You know how much jet leg that plane ride can be."

She giggles. Lays on her back and interlocks our hands.

"Wouldn't have it any other way."