9: Under a Pink Sky, Lovers for Long

Chapter 9:

Hayley’s POV:

It was officially the night before we began our route to our first venue for our spring tour.

New songs to play live. Should be fun, but I couldn’t help but feel nervous and a little scared.

“You still worried about tour?” Taylor asked as he picked up the thrash around of our backyard.

“A little.” I shrugged my shoulders and continued to put all the left overs into containers.

He smiled to himself and continued.

Sometimes we spent so much time cleaning up after the BBQs we throw that we wonder if they were worth it in the first place.

But then I recall all the memories we create and I know that all the cleaning up is little price to pay for all the smiles and laughs I get from our friends coming over to celebrate the start of a new tour.

Shortly after the sun began to set. And the sky turned into this cotton candy pink.

Taylor sighed and called me over to him.

He laid back into a lawn chair and pulled me softly to lay along with him.

I rested my head on his chest along with my hand. He placed his hand on mine and ran the other down my spine. His touch being a perfect mixture of tenderness and firmness.

“Do you see how beautiful the sky looks right now?” I said amazed.

“Not as much as you.” I looked up with a smile on my face and my cheeks slightly red.

I rose myself and kissed his soft pink lips.

I pulled away and smiled at him.

“You know,” he tucked a piece of pink hair behind my ear, “when I’m here with you. Like this, just laying with you, these are the times I say that it was all worth it. All my heart break and suffrage. When I’m watching you undress, I have to remind myself that this isn’t a dream, that having you for a life partner is reality. My reality.” A smile tugged on my lips as my eyes locked with his. “See,” he placed my hand over his beating heart, “you can still get my heart racing after nearly two years together.” I giggled. “And my love, all of it is yours because you deserve that and so much more.”

I placed my forehead over his.

“When I’m with you I’m not so sure if time is passing by very quickly or if you have pressed paused. This is what I want. I want us forever.” I sighed and caressed his face. “I guess I’ll take advantage of this time to thank you.”

“For?” He titled his head in a curious manor.

I scrunched my nose.

“For believing in me. For supporting me. Because if you wouldn’t have done none of those things, I don’t think I would have believed in myself.”

He chuckled. “Oh, you’re welcome then.”

I let out a small laugh.

“I also want to thank you for helping me live.”

“How do I help you do such a thing?” He smiled down at me.

“Well,” I exhaled. “When I was hurt for trusting and believing in someone that swore to love me and give their life for me, it was you the one to pull me out of that funk in which I had been living for way too many years to count.”

He smiled. “I will always be there to pull you out of any funk.”

I giggled. “I’m glad baby.”

In our unbreakable gaze, I was the one to sink my face into his neck as he held me tightly against his body.

He held me like years were passing in an accelerating rate.

Like if time was against us.

Like time wasn’t forgiving or kind to us.

With the wildest butterflies flying all around my stomach, I kissed his neck.

He giggled and placed two fingers under my chin. Getting me to look up at him.

The sky had now darken and millions of stars decorated the night sky.

“Look at the sky.” He asked of me. I did.

“For every star you see, that’s an “I love you” from me.

** I honestly do not know what I wrote, but I love it. Hope you do too**