5: Forget the Things We Swore We Meant

Hayley's POV:

"Hey baby," I talked through speaker phone, "did you get home okay?"

"Yup." He sighed. "I just really wish you could have come back with me." I giggled. I knew he had a cheeky smile on the other side of the line.

"I know. But you know, work is work." I smiled.

"I know." He paused. "I just really wish you were here, laying with me in bed as we..."

"Taylor!" I cut him off. Turning a bright red and my eyes turned wide.

"Cuddle." He chuckled. "I was going to say cuddle."

"Sure you were." I giggled and blushed hard as the makeup artist, Ariel, was just smiling at our phone conversation.

"I was. You're the one that needs to get her mind out of the gutter."

"Possibly." I inhaled. "Alright T, I just wanted to make sure you were home safely. I have to get back to the shoot."

"Alright Hayles, good luck with the rest of your day. Call me when you get back to your room."

"I'll skype you."

"Even better." I could tell by his tone that he had a sad smile on his face.

"Okie T, talk to you later."

"Alright."

"Oh! And don't forget to get Bill from Justin." He chuckled.

"I won't. Goodbye H, I love you."

"I love you." I smiled.

Ending the call, my phone went back to the home screen. One missed message on the top of my phone screen. And I knew exactly who it'd be from.

Chad: Hey, we still on for lunch today right?

I sighed and quickly typed away as I made my way back to the Nylon set.

Me: Yeah, you could come on set. I'm not that far from the city.

A pit in my stomach was growing by the second. And suddenly I felt like I was cheating for hiding this meeting from Taylor.

I didn't even mention my run in last night with Chad. Instead I convenience him to change his flight for today. Just to make sure everything was alright at home. To at least have one of us was there to attend the production meeting for our spring tour and to make sure his shoulder was more than a simple bruise.

But in all reality I wanted him out of the city. Thinking that maybe if he wasn't around or close by I wouldn't feel so guilty for sitting down and having a chat with Chad.

Chad: Alright, I will be there in an hour.

I breathed heavily before I locked my phone and set it aside. Getting back to the photo shoot was my current priority.

Everything went back to being a normal day on a magazine set. I laughed and smiled as flashes came from all around me.

Before I knew it, I was changing out of my third outfit change, in the mix of all the unfamiliar faces, there was one that made my whole body tense up.

Hey. I mouthed and waved at him.

He smiled and nodded.

I went back to doing my own thing. And he just stood and watched.

Five more pictures were taken, and the photographer called for lunch.

Relieved because I was starving, but stressing because well, here he is.