-04-

"What's got you all happy?" Jimin asked his best friend.
"Nothing really" Taehyung was quick to fire back.
"Are you sure? Cause it seems to me you look a little love struck and you've been like this for 2 weeks!" Jimin smirked.
"Did another girl confess to you today?" Jin asked, wiggling his eyes brows.
"What no- well yes but that's not the reason why i'm happy"
"HAH you said it, there's a reason why you're extra happy and we wanna know lover boy!" Jimin threw hands to his best friend.

"It's literally nothing, like really nothing" Taehyung sighed as his eyes scanned the canteen for someone.
"Are you waiting for someone by any chance?" Namjoon questioned, picking up on the fact Tae's eyes were looking around continuously.
"What no- what makes you say that?" Taehyung whined.
"You're the youngest of our group, we know when something is up. It's been a while since you've been this zoned out for the right reasons"
"Whatever chim, leave me alone" Taehyung pouted, letting his tiger ears droop softly.

"Oh jee fine, don't tell your best friends then!" Jimin huffed, leaning against Yoongi's chest wanting comforting as his best friend wouldn't explain himself.
"Aish i'll tell you when I want to, please just give me a chance. It's not like I don't trust you all, I do. But I need to figure myself out first" Taehyung huffed before standing up and grabbing his bag before walking off.
He never meant it in a harsh way and thankfully his friends understood that, but he did need a bit of space even if it was only for a few minutes.

He walked down the corridor with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He walked around until his feet appeared at the door of the juniors common room. He peaked his head in making a load of people look and stare at the popular tiger hybrid. A lot of them were drawling from the sight of him and all hoped he was there to talk to them. But instead his eyes completely passed them and noticed the boy at the back who was being bothered by some others.

Taehyung possessively growled and walked up to the table, with his eyes illuminating a deep red.
"Do you mind?" Taehyung growled angrily at the two fox hybrids surrounding the boy.
Jeongguk opened his eyes widely when he heard the familiar voice. He mouthed a small whisper under his breath, "Tae".
"I-uh Taehyung, how are you?" one of them perked up with red cheeks me
"Do you mind?" He said a little harsher this time, burning holes into them.

Take note, one personality trait of a tiger hybrid, they are possessive. Their possessiveness is no joke. If someone hurts the person close to them, that's it. There's no playing around, the tiger hybrid will protect them and will hold a huge grudge.

"We were just telling the creeper of our year how weird he is. Honestly if I were you, I would step away. You might get bad vibes from him"
Taehyung didn't move his eyes away from the dick standing in front of him. He could sense Jeongguk's dismay and he quickly wanted to move them so he could comfort his 'friend'.

"The only bad vibe i'm getting is from you two. You're being lame and I don't see how you can treat me with respect but not your own classmate. It's disappointing that there are people like you in this world, so do me a favour and leave him alone" Taehyung grumbled before making the two leave.
The two nodded and ran away leaving the whole classroom shook and a nervous Jeongguk.

"Guk" Taehyung sung softly pulling up a chair and quickly sat next to the younger.
He noticed the tears fill up in his eyes which made him worry more. Jeongguk slowly placed his head on the side of the elders shoulder.
"Take deep breaths" Taehyung noticed his breathing become rigid which made him try and calm the boy down.
Jeongguk nodded and took small breathes until finally his breathing was almost normal again.

He pulled away and looked at Taehyung.
'Can I have your tail?' Jeongguk signed quickly.
"Of course" Tae smiled gently, letting his tail rest over the younger's lap.
Jeongguk was quick to run his fingers through the hybrids tail softly making sure he didn't hurt his tail but was enough so he could relax.
Taehyung also relaxed, his anger flowing away and being replaced with sweetness.

They didn't need to talk just yet, just the presence of one another was enough. Which was strange. Over the last 2 weeks the pair had become closer. Much closer. For some reason the bond was strong and both of them could feel that. They continued to meet up at the same cafe everyday for the last 2 weeks, talking about everything and anything.

They understood each other emotionally, but on a deeper level than just a friendship. Even after 2 weeks, they became close. They hadn't shared their deepest secrets yet but that was okay, it was early days and they weren't forcing that on one another. But they did know a lot of each other's past, which showed trust.

"Tae" Jeongguk whispered, so quietly that if Taehyung wasn't a hybrid he wouldn't of heard the younger but because he's a hybrid and had good hearing he was able to hear the small whisper.
Taehyung turned his head and smiled softly.
'Thank you' Jeongguk signed with bright eyes.
"For what?"
'For sticking up for me. For being my friend and staying by my side" Jungkook blinked softly.
"Kook you don't need to thank me for being your friend! You're so pure and you really don't deserve these people mistreating you. I don't like them and i'm not scared of showing that" Taehyung chuckled briefly when he was thrown off by the boys cheek on his shoulder again.

Jeongguk rested his head on Tae's shoulder while stroking the elders tail softly. He took in the elders dark chocolate orange smell, which lingered in the air. They enjoyed this moment. At first Jeongguk was never the one initiating the physical touch, but he grew to love Taehyung's tail which led him to become more comfortable and more open to small physical gestures, like him leaning his head on Tae's shoulder.

Their time together was sweet, but neither of them wanted to be just friends. But it was too early to not be anything but friends.