-38-

"Come on Tae, stop wallowing in self pity and get up. There is literally a party happening downstairs and you're up here hiding like you don't exist"
"Ggukie I really don't want to go" Tae whined as he hide himself under the duvet.
Jeongguk sighed and sat down next to the elder who was far under the covers. He ran his hand along the boys body and rubbed his back.

"Tae, nothing will be able to hide what your father did, and I know it was wrong. I know you can't forgive him, but at the end of the day he is your father, and if something were to happen to him, I know for a fact you would be sad. No matter how much you push him away it's not going to bring back your parents like your childhood. But your mother is happy isn't she?" Jeongguk asked.
"Hmm she's just sad that she can't see me anymore as we've moved"
"That's understandable, but she's still happy. Your father is happy too now if you can be happy for your mother, can't you be happy for your father?"

"I'm not asking for you to forgive him but instead be happy for him and be the good son that you are and attend his engagement party. Your step mother is trying to be there for you. I know she's sheepishly happy all the time, but she's making an effort and now it's your turn"

Jeongguk sighed and stood up from the bed.
"I've laid out clothes for you if you decide to change your mind, but I'm going downstairs now. I hope to see you downstairs but if you don't I won't be disappointed. I love you no matter what" Jeongguk kissed the top of the boys head which was poking out before he left the room, and shut the door behind him, and went downstairs to join the party.

The younger walked to his friends and stood with them, hoping the tiger would come down stairs.
"Do you think he'll come?" Jimin questioned.
"I think he'll come around"
"Yeah Tae's a sucker for Jeongguk, he'll do anything he asks" Hobi laughed, pointing out the obvious.
Jeongguk could see that Mr Kim would look around in search for someone, but would become depressed when the person he was looking for wasn't there. He was looking for Tae, it was clear as day to Jeongguk.

As Jeongguk went to grab a drink he felt someone arms wrap around his waist from behind. Jeongguk flinched in surprise and instantly recognised who it was.
"You came" Jeongguk smiled, leaning his head back against Tae's neck.
"You were right" Tae whispered, hiding his face into the boys neck.
"I know Tae, I'm so proud of you" Jeongguk sighed, happy that Tae listened to him.

"Here tiger, have a drink to ease your nerves a bit, you're all tensed up" Jeongguk handed the elder a beer while he had a can of diet coke.
Taehyung accepted and opened it, quickly slurping on the heavenly drink. Jeongguk just shook his head with a smile on his face and linked their arms together.
"Come, the others are here" Jeongguk pulled Tae along to the rest of their group.
"Told you he's a sucker for Gguk" Hobi cheered, patting his friend on the back.
"Of course I am" Tae smiled, no shame in sight.
Jeongguk playfully rolled his eyes and hugged the elders side.

They were all chatting for a bit till Jeongguk wondered off to the toilet and Tae went to greet some family friends. As he was about to leave he bumped into someone.
"Oh I'm so sorry" Tae said till he realised who it was.
He cleared his throat with a cough. "Father"
"Son, I'm so happy you made it" Mr Kim smiled brightly.

"Y-yeah, I-I just wanted to s-say that I'm...I'm sorry" Tae's cheeks blew up and down after he said that.
"W-wait what?" Mr Kim's mouth dropped not expecting his son to speak to him let alone apologise to his.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry for ignoring you and my soon to be step mother"

"Taehyung son, you have no reason to apologise, I should be the one saying sorry. God it's been my fault since day 1. Me and your mother were constantly fighting, we were both cheating on one another as it got so toxic. That's no excuse but it was the both of us. I'm sorry for leaving you at home alone all the time. I didn't realise my actions till I saw Jeongguk for the first time. I didn't even think how lonely you must have been. Then when Jeongguk redecorated the house, I noticed how unhomely it was before hand, I'm so sorry son, I'm so sorry. I truly love her, I really do and I really don't want this engagement to break us apart anymore than we already are. Unless if it's not what you want and you can go live with your mother"

Tae could hear and see the vulnerability in him. Tae felt tears rush to his eyes when he saw his father cry. He had never seen his father cry. Taehyung dropped his cold appearance and pulled his father into a hug.
"I'm not leaving. I was angry at you, and I hated being alone every night. But I forgive you and I'm sorry for shutting you out"
"No my boy it's all my fault, thank you for forgiving me" he father cried more.

What the pair didn't notice that both their partners were watching their interaction with soft eyes. Jeongguk couldn't be anymore happier, now that Tae and his father were back on speaking terms, and he hoped nothing would ever come between them again.

Jeongguk slowly walked towards the pair and slowly wrapped his arms around his boyfriend from behind while Mr Kim's fiancée's wrapped his arms around him. They all sighed in consent when they felt happy as a family. When they all pulled away, Tae nervously hugged his step mother.

"I'm sor..."
"No don't apologise, I understand. I get it if you don't want to call me your mother, and I won't get in the way of that. But I also want to be a part of your life"
Tae hugged onto the woman a little tighter, feeling motherly love leak onto him.
"Thank you Mama" Tae sighed feeling his whole chest release.

"Jeongguk my boy come here" Mr Kim chimed.
Jeongguk smiled and hugged the man.
"Thank you child, thank you for looking after Taehyung. Thank you for making him feel less lonely. Thank you for getting him to come down stairs. I appreciate you"
Jeongguk smiled and rubbed the man's back gently, knowing he needed it.

When they all pulled away Tae brought Jeongguk close to him and kissed the younger's lips.
"I love you"