-08-

"You don't say much" Jin commented in a non harsh way, as he was confused over the fact that Jeongguk hadn't uttered a word, but more just smiled when spoken to.
Jeongguk was about to open his mouth but his throat was sore to even mutter a word. He quickly grabbed a notepad out of his bag and scribbled something down surprising all of them other than Taehyung.

'I'm sorry, i'm a mute so I'm not known to talk. I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Sorry for the inconvenience' Jeongguk showed them the notepad, which made them all furrow their eyebrows.
Jeongguk was shocked by their reactions as they looked unimpressed. He felt his chest tighten knowing that him being a mute was a problem. He held onto Tae's arm subconsciously while nibbling on his bottom lip.

Taehyung noticed and held the boys hands, rubbing circles on the back of his hand.
"Guys your silence is unsettling for the wrong reasons"
They all snapped out of it and looked at the worried boy.
"Sorry Jeongguk we didn't mean to scare you, we're just shocked at your choice of words." Namjoon apologised.
"Yeah we don't think you're an inconvenience because you're a mute" Yoongi explained.
"You're Taehyung's friend, which means you must be a nice person, so we're not going to judge you on the fact you don't talk" Jin sighed.
"Yeah, you're no different to us, so why should we judge" Hobi grinned as he stuffed his face with some bulgogi.

Jeongguk was overwhelmed by the people surrounding him. He looked at all of their soft features showing no sort of hatred. Tears began to form around the rim of his eye, startled by the softness the group was giving him. The younger turned his head and rested it on the elders arm. Tae brought his arm up to the back of the boys head and ran his hand through the soft locks of the boy, comforting him as he soaked up what the environment was giving.

They all cooed at the boy till finally he pulled away.
"If you're comfortable to just answer with the notepad, we don't mind" Namjoon encouraged the junior which he responded to with a nod.
They all turned into different conversations, with jimin, jin and yoongi talking to Jeongguk, and getting to know him.

"So you're a junior here right?" Jin questioned.
'Yeah I am, i'm studying business'
"Business? I'm not going to lie, you don't look like someone who would want to study business" Yoongi made a remark but it wasn't a rude one.
'I owe someone, and this is the only way' Jeongguk slowly sighed as he wrote it and reread it.

"You owe someone? is it like money? because if it is we can help!" Jimin gasped, scared almost for the poor boy.
Jeongguk's eyes widened and he shook his head quickly.
'no no no, it's not money. It's something so much bigger than money, which is priceless and I won't be able to pay back. But i'm trying and I don't mind business it's not my first choice but I do like it'

Jeongguk wasn't lying, he didn't actually mind business that much. He liked the finance of it so it never particularly bothered him. But he was doing it to try and repay someone, someone who meant a great deal to him. Someone who inspired to be a ceo but never made it for reasons linked to Jeongguk. Which is why he owed someone. But that will all be explained later.

"Oh well don't feel obligated to owe someone something if it doesn't make you happy"
Jeongguk nodded with a smile and wrote a thank you before they all began talking about different things again to get to know one another. Till they were interrupted by a high pitch cough.

Everyone turned their heads to see two girls standing behind Jeongguk but standing at the direction Taehyung was in.
"Another one?" Jimin whispered but loud enough for the rest of the group to hear, which made Jeongguk confused.
"Oppa" She called in a baby voice.
"Can I help you?" Taehyung sighed not wanting to be mean.
"Taehyung oppa, I really really like you! Uhm I was wondering if you wanted to go out this weekend?"
"I'm sorry but no, I can't accept your feelings. Please respect that" Tae sighed again.
"Okay, well do you still want to meet this weekend?" She asked again.
"No sorry, I have other plans. Now if you don't mind we only have a few minutes left till lunch ends so I want to spend them minutes with my friends"
"Ah yeah of course, see you later oppa" She and her friend scurried off in embarrassment.

Tae turned around and saw all his friend roll their eyes.
"What?" Taehyung pouted as he shoved rice into his mouth.
"We're not saying anything" Hobi laughed.
"Yah I can feel you all judging" Tae cried, he moved his head to look at Jeongguk wanting back up.
Jeongguk just burst out into fits of giggles looking at the whiney tiger in front of him.
The group looked at the pair with bright eyes, as they hadn't seen this side of Taehyung in a while. Not only that they loved the sound of the younger's sweet giggles which had escaped the boys mouth.

Jeongguk brought his hands up and began to caress the tigers ears between his fingers. Tae tilted his head down a little so Jeongguk could reach his head a bit better. Jeongguk moved forward and took in Tae's scent which became his comfort.

"Why can't you be like that with me?" Yoongi sulked as he looked at his boyfriends.
"Because you don't let us" Jimin rolled his eyes as a joke which Hobi laughed to.
"Come here Yoongs i'll do it for you"
"No nope" Yoongi moved his head away from his boyfriends hands.
Tae and Jeongguk weren't even aware of the squabbling around them. They were just in their own moment, but were finally pulled away when the bell chimed.

"I'll walk you to your class" Taehyung said to the boy as they packed away.
"Bye guys i'll see you monday" Taehyung waved.
Jeongguk smiled and gave a wave with a thankful face displayed.
"Bye guys, i hope to see you both monday" Jin smiled, wanting the younger to join their group.

Once the pair had left they all looked at each other.
"Anyone notice that they didn't look like, just friends?" Hobi asked.
"Hm I also noticed Jeongguk was wearing Taehyung's favourite tshirt which he always wears"