-09-

"Basketball season is on and there are try outs tonight. Anyone want to join?" Yoongi pitched to the group of friends on the table.
"Yeah sure, I'm in" Namjoon nodded.
"Yeah me too, tigers don't have speed for nothing" Taehyung nodded with a smile.
"What about you babe?" Yoongi asked one of his boyfriends as he knew the other wouldn't want to.
"Yeah okay i'll try out" Hobi nodded before kissing the elders cheek.
Jimin squealed hoping both his boyfriends get into the team.

Jeongguk was sipping on a juice box, not knowing that they were in a polyamorous relationship until now. He had only been sitting with the group for 3 days and obviously he didn't pay close enough attention. He then turned his head and noticed how both Jin and Namjoon were awfully close as well and most likely were in a relationship too.

Tae tapped the younger's thigh gently, gaining the boys attention. Jeongguk looked at him with doe eyes, tilting his head softly.
"Can you watch me during trials tonight?" Tae whispered.
'Won't I embarrass you in front of your classmates?' Jeongguk signed under the table.
"Of course not, I need your encouragement"
'My encouragement?'
"Please Koo" Taehyung whined.
'Okay, as long as you treat me to ice cream afterwards'
"Deal" Taehyung nodded with a huge smile as he downed a bottle of water.

->

Jeongguk was sitting on one of the steps in the sports hall where the try outs were taking place. Jimin and Jin where also there which made him feel more comfortable, instead of having to sit on his own. They were all cheering on their friends and lovers. Jeongguk's eyes never moving away from Taehyung as he ran around the court while shooting hoops.

The coach was watching each person, writing down some notes on each of them. Jeongguk could only pray that the boy would make it into the team. Taehyung would constantly turn around and wave at the boy with a boxy smile, making his eyes disappear as it was so bright. Jeongguk would just quickly giggle and give a bright smile back. But this would only cause sparks along to other tryout members, and they weren't the nice kind of sparks.

A boy, not so nice was staring at them from a small distance. He hated how Taehyung was following the boy, he hated how Taehyung gave his infamous boxy smile towards the raven head sitting on the stairs of the hall. He envied the human who was said to be useless. He couldn't understand it. He had a better physique than Jeongguk, he had a better personality, he had a better life. Well that's what he thought anyway.

"Okay tryouts are over, i'll be putting the list out tomorrow on the school noice board if you made it into the team. Thank you for taking part" the coach yelled making everyone cheer and clap.
Taehyung turned around and made eye contact with the boy. Jeongguk smiled and watched how the elder opened his arms out while moving his head to make Jeongguk come to him.

Jeongguk stood up and shuffled past Jin and Jimin, before running down the steps. He ran to the elder and jumped into his arms. Taehyung smiled once again and wrapped his arms around the younger with a happy smile. He protectively wrapped his tail around his waist just under Tae's own arms. Jeongguk smiled and moved his head to the elders ear.
"You need a shower" Jeongguk whispered with a quiet voice along with a very soft giggle.
He didn't even smell bad but Jeongguk just knew how sweaty the boy must be.

"Ouch how could you be so mean! Do you think i'll make it to the team?" Taehyung asked as he rested his head against the boys shoulder.
"Of course you will hyungie, you were amazing" Jeongguk whispered again.
"Awh thanks Ggukie, hm how about we go out tonight?" Taehyung asked with hopeful eyes.

Jeongguk giggled and moved away from the elders shoulder so he could sign language.
'You and me both know that we have school work to do'
Taehyung groaned and then pouted, "Can't we have a study date?" Taehyung suggested.
Jeongguk looked at him with red cheeks.
'Date? you want to have a study date with me' Jeongguk asked with disbelief.
"Yes please, Guk please I beg" the hybrid whine again, giving him beady eyes.

'Okay fine' Jeongguk rolled his eyes playfully.
"Go grab your stuff" Taehyung smiled and pushed the boy forward with his hand on the younger's lower back.
Jeongguk nodded and ran up the stairs to where Jimin and Jin were, packing away.
Jeongguk grabbed his bag and waved the two off before running back to the tiger hybrid.

Taehyung was quick to hold Jeongguk's hand without any hesitation, dragging him away from the sports hall. Jeongguk was quick to blush, as Tae laced their fingers together. Tae was dragging the boy into the boys lockeroom as Tae also needed to get his stuff.

Jeongguk's eyes widened as a nasty smell suffocated him. He whined and pressed his face into the elders back so he didn't have to smell the other scents in the room. Tae looked down and saw Jeongguk's small hands around his waist as Jeongguk back hugged him with his face stuffed into Tae's back.

Tae smiled brightly and walked slowly so Jeongguk didn't trip or something as they weaved between people till he finally arrived at his locker.
"Hey Tae" Someone called as Taehyung grabbed his stuff from his locker.

Tae turned his head and saw a boy a little smaller than him but taller than Jeongguk. He had mousy brown hair, and crescent eyes and was also a cat hybrid. He was rocking on his feet back and forth while blinking a lot.
"Uhm sorry do I know you?" Taehyung asked in confusion, as he really wasn't paying attention as he just wanted to spend time with Jeongguk.
"Sam, i'm in your class. I just wanted to know if..if you want to go out for dinner tonight?"

Tae stopped what he was doing and Jeongguk quickly panicked so he started moving his hands away from Tae's waist thinking he was going to say yes to the hybrid. But Tae noticed and quickly caught the younger's hands and wrapped them around his waist once again.

"I'm sorry but I'm already having a date tonight" Taehyung said while holding the younger's hand in place while the other hand grabbed the rest of his stuff, and closed the locker.

"O-oh uhm okay well maybe another night?" Sam asked trying to not look at the position Taehyung and the other was in.
"Sorry I can't, anyway we've got to go" Taehyung gave Sam a small smile before pulling the younger with him, exiting the locker room.