-07-

Taehyung was still crying. Jeongguk was trying his everything to calm the sobbing boy down. But it was useless, he felt useless. He kept cursing himself in his head on the fact he can't comfort the elder with sweet words. For the first time in 4 years he hated being a mute. He wanted to slam his head on the wall because he couldn't calm the boy who was laying on top of him, sobbing his heart away.

Jeongguk was drawing small patterns on Tae's back, while pressing small kisses to his head, praying it was somewhat helping. Until finally he had an idea. Jeongguk remembered what the tiger hybrid had said to him one night after school. If he trusts someone he'll shift into his tiger and being petted was one way to feel loved and comforted. It was a long shot, he didn't even know if Tae trusted him to this level, but he just wanted the boy to be comfortable.

Jeongguk shoved water down his throat before taking a deep breath.
"Tae" Jeongguk called as loud as he could, which wasn't loud at all but thankfully it was enough for Tae to hear.
Jeongguk was met with a few sniffles until he finally spoke again. "Do you trust me?" He whispered soothingly.

Taehyung heard and moved his head away from the younger's neck. He looked straight at Jeongguk with his puffy eyes and cheeks, red tinted nose, tears slowly streaming down his face. Taehyung quickly nodded and husked out an 'of course.'
'Do you want to shift so I can pet you?' Jeongguk suggested while moving some of the elders strands out of his face.
Taehyung sat up, intrigued almost. He pushed away his tears and thought about it for a moment.
"You won't be scared...will you?" Taehyung asked, nervous that if he shifted into the huge tiger he is, Jeongguk will be scared oh him.

"No of course I won't be scared, you'll still be Tae even as a tiger. I won't judge you just as much as you don't judge me"
Taehyung nodded with a smile, "Okay, just don't freak out" Taehyung pushed away his last tears before quickly shifting. Till finally Tae was now fully in his tiger form, standing on 4 feet at the edge of the bed.

Jeongguk was astonished. The tiger was beautiful, so beautiful. How every stripe had its very own detail, littering over his body from his nose to the tip of his tail. Not only that, the actual size of Taehyung as a tiger was crazy, he was huge, so big that his hand literally looked like the same size as his paw.

Jeongguk was knocked out of his trance when he heard a small growl emit from the tiger. Jeongguk panicked realising Tae might have though he was judging him.
'Come here' Jeongguk signed with a soft smile before patting them bed, as he shuffled over making room for the huge tiger.
Taehyung jumped onto the bed and quickly laid down on his side.
Jeongguk immediately laid down behind him and slowly brought his hand to the tigers fur.

He slowly ran his fingers through the auburn coloured fur, which slowly ventured up to his ears. Jeongguk gently caressed the tigers ear before settling his hand in between the tigers eyes, and just above his nose. Jeongguk shyly kissed the tigers head and continued to run his fingers through the tigers fur.

Taehyung was living in pure bliss. He had never felt so comfortable with someone before when in animal form. Shifting in front of someone was never easy for any hybrid so if they were to do it for comfort reasons, they would have to trust the person a great deal. Jeongguk was touching him with such delicacy it made Taehyung want to melt.

The tiger grunted a few times as his breath became deeper and slower. The tiger wriggled around and laid on his stomach closer to Jeongguk's body so he could rest his head on Jeongguk's chest. The raven head smiled softly and continued to scratch the tigers head till finally he fell asleep. Jeongguk kissed the top of his head before snuggling down into the tigers fur and fell asleep.

->

Jeongguk woke up with Taehyung laying on top of him, his heavy weight spread over him like a protective duvet. Jeongguk ruffled the elders hair, when he noticed the time. They didn't have to be into school until gone lunch time as they both had free periods up until lunch.

Taehyung began to stir and slowly woke up. He dug his head into Jeongguk's neck, taking in the sweet smell.
"Good morning" Taehyung grumbled, before pulling away so he could see the younger.
Jeongguk just replied with a smile, as they both began to roll out of bed.
"I'll grab you some clothes" Taehyung muttered with a tired voice, a pout on his lips with his eyes half lidded.
Jeongguk giggled softly at the hybrids face.

Time passed and they were finally at school. Lunch break had just started so they walked towards the canteen. Jeongguk was turning his head back and forth not liking how bloody busy the canteen was. He hated it, he never went and now he was marching right in there with one of the most popular seniors in the school.
Jeongguk shyly held the end of Tae's long sleeve shirt. Taehyung looked down and saw the small hand clutching his sleeve. Tae smiled softly and continued walking until they finally stopped next to a table.

"Tae finally, we were wondering where you were!" Hobi screeched.
"Aish sorry, I didn't have any lessons this morning so I came in late" Taehyung sighed.
"Anyway why are you just standing- oh who is that? I swear if you're following our Tae around just because you want to ask him out the answer is no" Jimin rambled on, making Tae a little annoyed.
"Chim stop. You'll have been asking why i've been so happy and you asked me who, but I didn't tell you. Well say hello to Jeongguk"