Chapter 23

Meredith's POV:

I was heading home and I was so close to the door when I got stopped by Lexie, I was so tempted to pretend that I didn't hear her and go home but she is supposedly my sister so I guess I should at least give her a chance and become "sisters".

"uh- hi Lexie, how was your first day as an Intern?"

"Mer, can I call you Mer? I don't want to talk to you about work I want to get to know you and be your sister if you let me be."

"Lexie, I do want to get to know you I do, it's going to take me some time to get used to the whole sister thing because I've been an only child for my whole life up until now, but if you would like to you could to my house for dinner and meet my daughters."

God Meredith why do you have to be nice why can't you be dark and twisty.

"You-you have kids?"

"Yes I do, two little girls 5 months old there are the cutest, you can drive with me and I can get Derek to drop you off at your place after dinner if you like."

"Derek as in Derek Shepherd?"

"Yes, he is my boyfriend and father of my children, so you coming for dinner can't promise if I cook it, it would be edible."

"Of course I'll come! I'll just get my things from my locker and meet you back here in 10?"

"I'll be here."

//

*Text messages between Derek and Meredith*

M- I did a thing

D- Oh what did you do?

M- I invited Lexie over for dinner, so would you be able to cook something reasonably edible and nice?

D- That's great news Mer, I'm proud of you that was a big step and my cooking is always edible but your cooking, on the other hand, I'm not so sure.

M- oh whatever, we will be home in 40 minutes, and then you can update me about the girls see you soon xx

//

Lexie's POV:

I can't believe Meredith wants to know me! She invited me to have dinner with her and her family I will be a part of a normal family that loves each other and doesn't go to hospitals shooting the place up, unlike my father which who I don't want anything to do with anymore he tried to kill my sister and failed but killed many other people along the way and that is not acceptable. 

"Why are you so happy?"

Ella, known since 1st grade, a fellow intern who is very happy can be a bit of a pushover but nice. She is my friend I guess you can say she is my person after all she has been there for me through everything.

"If you must know Ella, I'm having dinner with my sister!"

"Molly? I thought you don't talk much to her anymore?"

"nope not Molly, and we do talk we just aren't as close after she chose dad's side for the shooting. But no I'm having dinner with Meredith!"

"As in Meredith Grey? Our resident, who's dating McDreamy and who is the daughter of Ellis Grey?! SHE'S YOUR SISTER!"

"Yea she is, don't worry I'll tell you everything when I get home if you remember the tequila."

"Of course it isn't a gossip session without tequila."

"Bye Ella, I can't keep Meredith waiting."

"BYE SAY HI TO MCDREAMY FOR ME!"

//

Derek's POV:

I am running around the chicken like a headless chicken trying to find something to cook for Lexie and Meredith but the problem is I don't know if Lexie has any allergies so I need to find something nice and simple that is still edible. After looking at the very little selection of cookbooks Meredith owns, I decided on a chicken Ceasar salad, egg on the side because I know Meredith is allergic to them, and to go with some garlic bread completed with red wine and some brownie and ice cream for dessert if the girls are up for it. Now onto cooking such a meal before they come home all hungry and talkative.

Just as I finish setting the table I hear Meredith's voice coming through the door and I know that she is happy, she has a family, a sister someone she can look after and show them the love she didn't receive.

Meredith's POV:

We walked into the house and I knew that with Derek cooking it would be something healthy but I also knew that he cooks a dessert when we have guests so I only hope he remembered the dessert and the wine because I feel I'm going to need it, to get through all of this.

"So, I'll give you a little quick tour and show you around and it should be time for the girl's dinner so you can meet them too if you like."

"Oh Meredith, I would love to meet my nieces and I just know they will so cute!"

"Okay, so here is the bathroom downstairs, upstairs is another bathroom and all the bedrooms. Here is the living room sorry about the mess we have babies so it's a bit unorganized but we'll get there soon. Ah here is Eliza Ellis Grey Shepherd we named her after my mother Ellis Grey and over here is Amelia Jade Grey Shepherd we named Amelia after Derek's sister."

Lexie's POV: 

The girls are so cute Eliza looks exactly like Meredith except has Derek's eyes and Amelia is clearly Derek's twin if anything at all they are just too cute to handle.

"Oh, Mer they are so cute! What made you chose to have kids so young no offense but you are clearly doing an amazing job at being a mother,"

"Let's just say the whole story before they were born is very complicated and I don't think you would want to hear about the whole hospital shooting incident, which unfortunately and fortunately wasn't there for, I was in Michigan at the time."

Derek- "Dinner's ready"

"Maybe if we have enough time and when we know each other I'll let you in on my dark and twisted side of me, Lexie."

Dark and twisted?

Sorry for the lack of updating! And this chapter is just Mer and Lexie meeting I didn't want them to start off badly like they did in the show, so I hope you like what I did and if you didn't and want me to add something more interesting to the story just let me know I'm always open to idea :)

I hope you liked this chapter and if you did don't forget to vote and comment :)

Have a great day!

-Cerys