Chapter 5

It's been 3 weeks since school started and their professors are starting to give more and more assignments. Mu qing stayed up late last night to finish an essay. Thus, he overslept. It just had to be that time when Xie lian had morning plans and can't walk with him to school so no one waked him up since his mother also leaves early right after Mu qing leaves in their normal routines.

Mu qing jogged to school and was about to start running up the stairs when he heard someone called out to him."Mu qing!" He immediately rolled his eyes and glanced to the side just to see one of his friends.

"Ah Qianqiu. I haven't seen you for a whole month I didn't know you study here? What do you want? I'm running late." Mu qing impatiently asked, checking his watch.

Lang Qianqiu pressed his hands together apologetically and said; "I'm a little lost can you help me out?"

"Are you serious? It's been two weeks since school started and you still get lost? Are you that stupid?" Mu qing can't help rolling his eyes. Qianqiu on the other hand already knew about his temper and just scratched his head with a frown.

"Sorry, okay? I was absent for the first three weeks because my dad died. Me and my mom had to fly to his hometown quickly last month I didn't get the chance to tell you guys."

"Oh. My condolences. Tell me what classroom you're looking for." Mu qing said feeling a little guilty.

"Class 1-C." Mu qing blinked at the man infront of him before he blurted out a small; "Oh. I didn't know we're on the same class." before he starting to walk up the stairs. Lang Qianqiu followed close behind him.

"You're in that class too?"

'I just said that ' Mu qing thought to himself but didn't bother talking.

Since they're already late, Mu qing didn't put in the effort to run anymore since he's going to be late anyways and just walked while ignoring Lang qianqiu who's blabbering beside him.

"Oh right. I heard from my mom that your mom is also a single mom. Must be why they automatically became close friends when my dad died." Lang Qianqiu said and snickered. Hearing this, Mu qing couldn't help but also chuckle at his remark recalling his mothers smiles this past few days as he opened the door. 'Turns out she just found another single mom comrade.' he thought.

With the small smile still plastered on his face, the whole class turned to look at them, including the professor. Lang Qianqiu bowed and greeted. "Good morning sir, classmates, my name is Lang Qianqiu. Sorry for being late, I was lost and Mu qing here happened to be on the same class and helped me." He said in a polite tone.

"Ah, so you're that kid? Good thing you finally started coming to school. Also, my condolences to your family." He said and told him to find a seat.

Lang qianqiu nodded and started to look for an unoccupied desk.

Ever since he first stepped in to the room, Mu qing's eyes automatically landed on Feng xin's who was staring at him intently with an expression he couldn't really tell. He raised his brows before rolling his eyes thinking the other must be cursing at him in his mind.

He bowed slightly to the professor before going to his respective seat. Seeing that Lang Qianqiu was still looking for a vacant space, he called out. "Qianqiu. This seat is available. You can sit here." he pointed to the desk beside his.

Hearing this, Qianqiu smiled and made his way to Mu qing. "Thanks Mu qing". He mumbled. Mu qing however, just rolled his eyes and responded with 'whatever'. Not noticing Feng xin's following gaze.

Morning session finished with Feng xin's mind wondering elsewhere. He didn't even realized it was already lunch time until someone slapped his back.

"Who the fuck?!" He exclaimed, turning to look at the person who dare slap his back which turned out to be Mu qing. Who else will have the guts to slap him out of nowhere but this man? "What the fuck is your problem? What do you want?!"

"It's already lunch time you idiot! Just tell me if you want Xie lian to pick you up or something cause im not going to wait for your lazy ass!" The other exclaimed while rolling his eyes and started walking out of the room.

Feng xin looked around and noticed that it's only him and one other guy in the room so he quickly packed up his stuff and followed Mu qing. "Wait the fuck up you basta—"

"Mu qing!" His sentence was cut off by the voice of the other person left inside the room. Lang Qianqiu passed through him and approached Mu qing, tapping the other's shoulder. Seeing this, Feng xin was ready to hear a complain saying; 'Dont touch me!' or 'What the hell do you want?!' but to his surprise, Mu qing just moved his head to look at Qianqiu  and shortly asked. "What?"

Confusion was visible on Feng xin's face as he approached the two.

"Are you heading to the cafeteria? Can you show me where it is?" Whilst talking, Qianqiu could feel the glare of the boy beside Mu qing. He looked at Feng xin and smiled despite the glare he's getting and awkwardly turned back to Mu qing who just nodded and continued to walk as the two followed.

Feeling a little awkward, Qianqiu leaned slightly towards Mu qing and whispered , "He's also our classmate right? Why is he glaring at me?"

Mu qing glaced at him then looked at Feng xin's direction before turning and answered back with the same low voice. "He's just a bastard that's why. You know what happened first day of school?"

"No?  What?"

Feng xin, who's looking at them in his peripheral view for the entire time was growing annoyed with the whispering and pulled Mu qing to his opposite side, making himself the one on the center.

Having someone drag him out of a sudden, Mu qing couldn't help and blurted; "What the hell, what's up with you now asshole?!" With his irritated face.

"Shut up! You're so fucking close to each other that people may mistake you for being a couple! Remind you, we're at the fucking school campus and PDA isn't fucking allowed!" He excused. Truthfully, he doesn't know why he's doing this. What does it have to do with him if the other gets close with someone else? But even so, something just annoys him looking at someone being close to mu qing.

"What the hell?! What do you mean 'being so close to each other'?! And PDA?! What the fuck?! Tell that to them!" Mu qing spat out and pointed at one direction.

Feng xin looked over at where he's pointing and saw Xie lian  looking at them confused while being back hugged by Hua cheng who was also looking at them with his usual smirk.

"Now that is what you call 'being so close to each other' and PDA you fricking idiot!" Mu qing exclaimed before walking over to the two. Feng xin couldn't retort but instead explained. "Well who wouldn't think so when you're specially being friendly and nice to him?!"

"What do you mean?! I wasn't being nice to him, stop assuming!" Mu qing countered.

They continued to shout at each other, completely forgetting Lang Qianqiu's presence and ignoring Xie lian who was trying to stop them while apologizing to the students.

"HAH! Really?! Why weren't you being fucking sarcastic with him then?! Even laughing with him and offering him the fucking seat next to you? And you're saying I'm assuming?! I'm just stating facts!!"

"I offered him that seat because everyone was not willing to sit beside me that that was the only available one you asshole! And why the hell do you even care?! Stop acting like a jealous boyfriend!" Mu qing snapped.

"..." Xie lian

"..." Lang Qianqiu

"Heh." Hua cheng

"What... What jealous b-boyfriend?! IM NOT ACTING LIKE A FUCKING JEALOUS BOYFRIEND!"