Chapter 6

...

...

...

The whole hallway was silenced with the outburst when someone coughed.

"So it's you two again. You guys are so loud, it's disturbing the whole floor. Please refrain from shouting any foul language. You're not kids anymore. Mind your surroundings." Ling wen stated. Behind Ling wen, someone spoke up.

"Ling wen you're so harsh. Can't you see they're facing a trial of love?"

"Shut up Pei ming."

"Yeah. Shut up! Facing a trial of fucking what now?!" Feng xin shouted. Pei ming just snorted and wore a smirk as if saying 'You can't decieve me'.

Mu qing just rolled his eyes and started walking towards the cafeteria. And seeing him, Feng xin followed after giving Pei ming a not so friendly look.

"Defensive. Want to make a bet with me?" Pei ming whispered to Ling wen.

Seeing that they finally stopped, Xie lian sighed in relief and followed the other two to the cafeteria.

Lang Qianqiu stood there feeling rather awkward not knowing what to do next and finally decided to approach Xie lian.

"Xie lian." Hearing his name, Xie lian turned to him. "Ah? Qianqiu! I just got informed this morning that you and auntie already returned. I heard about your father. My condolences." Xie lian rambled, greeting Qianqiu with a hug.

"Thanks. By the way, I originally asked Mu qing to show me the way to the cafeteria when that happened so... I was hoping you can show me the way instead?" Qianqiu asked while scratching the back of his head.

"Sure!"
"No."

"Eh?" Qianqiu looked at the person wearing a red jacket glaring at him.

"San lang, we're just showing him the way to the cafeteria."

Hua cheng stared at Lang Qianqiu before turning to Xie lian with a pout. "Okay."

"Let's go." Xie lian started walking. Lang Qianqiu beside him. They just walked silently when Xie lian asked. "Btw Qianqiu, why were they fighting earlier?

"Oh, that. I don't want to assume but I think I might be the reason why they fought.."

"Hm? Why?" Xie lian was now curious.

Qianqiu hesitantly explained. "Earlier, I was late and mu qing happened to be late too. We discovered that we were on the same class so we  went together. When we entered the room, that person Mu qing fought with earlier was already glaring at me. I introduced myself and when I looked back to his direction, he was already looking at mu qing so I thought he was glaring at mu qing in the first place and not me. I was not surprised because with mu qing's personality it's not hard to offend someone. But when Mu qing offered the seat next to him, his glare shifted back to me though I didn't know why. Then when lunch came, I was walking beside Mu qing and chatted with him through whisper when that guy suddenly pulled mu qing forcefully to his side away from me. And that's where they started arguing.."

"..." Xie lian didn't know whether to laugh or cry and was silent but Hua cheng bursted into laughter.

Lang Qianqiu just looked at them and asked. "Can i ask something?"

Xie lian rubbed his forehead and smiled. "Sure go ahead."

"Are they in a relationship or something?"

With that question Hua cheng laughed even more while Xie lian answered. "No they're not but..."

"But they might as well be" Hua cheng continued after laughing.

"Oh."

"They're hilarious. One so obvious while the other one is so oblivious." Hua cheng said and linked his arms with Xie lian. "Right gege?" Xie lian just smiled at him.

"How about you two?" Qianqiu asked.

"What about us?" Xie lian asked back.

"Are you two dating?"

"No. We're just friends" Xie lian smiled.

Lang Qianqiu glanced at the one wearing a red jacket who's expression he can't understand. Shock? Betrayal? Sadness? Dumbfounded? Either way, it's funny.  When Xie lian turned to him, he quickly changed his expression and smiled forcefully. "Right?" Xie lian asked with a smile.

"E-en. Haha. Hahaha."

Lang Qianqiu couldn't help it and chuckled. 'Looks like you should worry about your own relationship.'

They arrived at the cafeteria and Lang Qianqiu said his thanks. He turned around to look for someone when he heard his name "Oi! Lang Qianqiu! Come here you fucker I've been waiting for you yaknow?!"

Qianqiu turned his head and looked to the table where someone wearing a green piercings sat.

Qianqiu smiled and approached.

"Qi rong."

~

Feng xin was supposed to be following Mu qing to the cafeteria but when he arrived and went to their usual place, Mu qing was nowhere to be found. Instead, he first saw his two childhood friends making their way to where he is.

"Xie lian! Hua...cheng?" His voiced trailed of when he saw Hua cheng's down face.

"Feng xin there you are! Huh? Where's Mu qing?" Xie lian asked and turned his head around to look for mu qing.

" Why would I know?" Feng xin asked in a low voice and sat back down.

"Oh! There he is!" Xie lian said while looking at Feng xin's back.

Feng xin whipped his head around to look but his face immediately frowned. Someone's arms was wrapped around mu qings shoulders. "What the fuck?" He blurted.

"Looks like he's with someone- wait... oh is that..?" Feng xin looked at Xie lian.

"Who?"

Xie lian ignored him and walked to Mu qings direction. Mu qing and the owner of the hand around his shoulders had their backs faced at him so they didn't see him approaching.

Xie lian looked at the back of mu qing's company closely before smacking his head.

"Ow what the fuck?! Who the fuck dares to slap this highly one?!", He said and turned around. His hand was still at mu qings shoulder dragging Mu qing to also turn around. And there they saw Xie lian looking at him with a smile.

"..." Qi rong

Mu qings eyes were met with a pair of eyes looking at him intently.

For some unknown reason, Mu qing couldn't find it in himself to look away. And so, they stared at each other.

"Gege, who's this lucky guy?" Hua cheng asked.

"Why are you here? Qi rong?" Xie lian asked. His mouth smiling but his eyes dark.

"C-cousin xie lian haha I didn't know you study here too.. what a coincidence! Really...a coincidence. Haha..." Seeing that Xie lian was still looking at him and still not saying anything, he confessed in a low voice. "I begged auntie to let me study here."

"Tsk. Now that you saw him can you let go of me now?" Mu qing spat, irritated as he averted his gaze from Feng xins eyes.

"Mu qing how many times do I have to tell you that you can hit him whenever needed. Just because he's my cousin doesn't mean you have to hold yourself back."

"Yeah right. For all I know, once my fist land on his body, he'll immediately call auntie and play victim." Mu qing said, eyes rolling. He walked over to Xie lians side and stood near him. Next to him was feng xin who was unusually quiet.

'Good for me i guess' Mu qing thought after glancing at feng xin.

"Qi rong, if you want to continue studying here, stop bothering people around you. Behave." Xie lian said and went back to their table as Hua cheng, Mu qing and Feng xin followed.