Chapter 23

Mu qing is now wondering around without a destination in mind, secretly hoping to accidentally bump into a certain someone.

Maybe lady luck favors him today that when he turned to a corner, he crossed paths with the one he was hoping to meet.

"Oh. You're awake?"

"Obviously."

Feng xin was silent for a moment, waiting for the other to talk first. But all he got was a stare. Feng xin awkwardly cleared his throat before going on his way, passing by Mu qing.

"Mhm. I'm glad you're awake. I'll get going then."

As he already took 5 steps, he heard Mu qing mumble something.

"What was that?"

Mu qing, who had his back facing him, turned around and met his eyes.

"I said, where the fuck were you?!"

"..."

~~~

An hour ago

Mu qing could hear chattering around him. He slowly opened his eyes and looked around. He saw Zu xian sitting on the chair closest to him, and the others sitting on the opposite side.

"Oh, mu qing your awake!"

Qianqiu was the one to notice. Xie lian quickly helped him sit up. By the time he did, he looked around the room once more.

"..."

"Are you looking for something?" Zu xian asked taking notice of his actions.

"...Where's Feng xin?"

"Um, he said he had business to take care of.." Xie lian answered. Mu qing looked at him for a while before turning his head down.

"Oh. Okay."

'Business? What's so important that he- nevermind.' he internally thought.

While mu qing was absent minded, the others were looking at each other, sending signals.

Reaching a conclusion, Xie lian cleared his throat. "Ehem. I have stuff to do. I'll get going now."

"AH IM DEADBATT! HMPH! This great ancestor excuses himself. Bye suckers."

"OI QIANQIU YOU COME WITH ME!"

Qianqiu nodded his head to Mu qing slightly before following Qi rong.

"I also have to go." Yushi huang said patting mu qings head and headed out.

Mu qing was just looking at their retreating backs with confusion.

"Looks like were left out huh..." Zu xian said, looking dumbfoundedly at the retreating backs.

Mu qing looked at him with an uninterested face. "What are you doing here?"

Zu xian was stunned for a moment. He had hoped that Mu qing will finally remember him. After a moment of silence, he showed a faint smile.

'Maybe this is for the best.' He thought.

"I'm your captain after all."

~~~
"I was...doing something."

"What?" He intrigued.

"Just... something?"

Mu qing walked closer to him. He glared at Feng xin then grabbed his hand.

"How can doing 'just something' result to this?" Mu qing asked sarcastically.

Feng xin flinched and looked at his untreated hand before turning away.

"It's nothing." He said and pulled his hand from Mu qing's grasp.