Chapter 18

"I'll protect you."

That was the last thing he heard before he completely lost consciousness. And it's the only thing he needs to feel at ease.

'Right. He'll protect me. No matter what.'

~~~

Mu qing opened his eyes. He looked around and figured that he's in the clinic.

"Can you please tell us what's really happening? Suddenly this man arrives and chokes him, harasses him calling him my beautiful Mu qing or A-Qing or whatever. And what was that about him still doing track? And what's this got to do with that guy?"

It was Feng xin's voice.

With the mention of track, he felt someone touch his knees and he slightly flinched.

"Well?" It was Hua cheng's voice.

He looked around and saw the clock at the wall. 10:30.

"I-"

"It's already 10:30." He unconsciously said.

Xie lians eyes widened and looked at mu qings direction.

"MU QING!" Xie lian and lang qianqiu exclaimed in unison as they rushed over at him.

Xie lian hugged him before asking. "Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere?" While qianqiu was just looking at him with the same worried face as xie lian.

He sighed and sat up. "I'm fine."

He looked at the people present and when he saw feng xin, he repeated. "It's already 10:30. Your competition is starting."

Feng xin walked closer to him and leaned in. "That doesn't matter right now."

Although startled, mu qing smirked. "I guess I'll win the bet then?"

Feng xin was silent for a while before he sighed. "Tsk. Fine whatever. You better be there or else."

"Mhm." Mu qing stayed quiet for a while before he slightly tilted his head down and said in a quiet voice only feng xin heard. "Thanks for earlier. Really."

Hearing this, feng xin smiled at him and patted his head "You can count me." He then turned to the other three.

"I'll get going now." And he turned back to mu qing. "Mu qing if I dont see your ugly face there I'll beat your ass."

Mu qing rolled his eyes. "Whatever just go."

"We'll be there." Xie lian said and smiled at him.

"Good luck!" Lang Qianqiu encouraged.

Feng xin just nodded and left.

Now they're the only ones left.

"Mu qing. Feng xin told us everything. Are you really alright?"

"Mhm."

Xie lian was about to talk when the door of the clinic opened. They all turned their heads to that direction and saw a girl with a gentle ambience approach them.

Hua cheng was sitting at a vacant bed and tilted his head, not knowing who just entered.

Xie lian and Qianqiu however, smiled and Mu qing nodded his head as acknowledgement. "Huang-jie. What brings you here?"

It was Yushi Huang. She also lived at their village and has known them for years already. She's older than them so she treats Mu qing and the others like her own siblings.

Yushi Huang smiled. "I heard about it from Qi rong so I came to check up on you. I also have some news."

"News?" Xie lian asked.