Chapter 13

After their argument, they're still busy with the upcoming fest so they still rarely see each other.

When the day before the sports fest came, their class decided to focus on the preparation instead of practicing. So, they were gathered in their room, decorating, cleaning, making props, or having a meeting with their team.

The track team were discussing tomorrow's events. Zu xian was holding a paper that contains the names of the participants from the other class and other batch. Each of them looked at the piece of paper to see who they're competing with and voiced out their opinions on who they think among them would be though to beat while Mu qing just stared at a familiar name.

"...what." Mu qing mumbled.

Zu xian was looking at the same name and glanced at mu qing.

Lunch came and Mu qing planned to just stay at their room when someone called him.

"Mu qing!"

He looked at the door and saw Xie lian waving at him with a smile.

He hesitantly stood up and went out. "Let's have lunch together! It's been so long! You call Feng xin too!" Xie lian invited.

Mu qing saw Feng xin for the first time today after their argument days ago and it seems like the other was ignoring him so he just ignored him too.

Mu qing sighed and went back inside their room to call for Feng xin when Zu xian approached him.

"Hey! Are you going to join us today for lunch?" He asked with his usual smile. Mu qing just looked at him and shook his head pointing at the two waiting for him outside the room. Looking at where he's pointing, Zu xian immediately understood and nodded. "Okay then! Just be sure to come back before 2:00 okay?" He said and was about to pat mu qing like he usually do when someone from behind him grabbed Mu qing and dragged him outside making his hand drop at empty air.

Mu qing looked at the man dragging him and saw Feng xins poker face. When they got out, he let go of Mu qing shoulders and talked with the two and the three of them started walking. Mu qing however looked back. "Oi! Zu xian! I'll be a little late—" He wasn't even finished talking when someone grabbed his wrist and dragged him away. He was about to retort when he heard zu xians 'okay'. Hearing this, he just looked at feng xin and asked. "What's wrong with you?"

Feng xin however, didn't talk and just looked at him, let go if his hand, and started walking faster to catch up with Xie lian.

"What the hell?" Mu qing mumbled while still walking at a slow pace looking at the back of the three.

He was walking at a slow pace as he silently observed his surroundings.

"Oi. Fasten up will ya?" Feng xin spat as he walked back to where Mu qing was and held his wrist again. Dragging him until they catched up with the other two. After that, Feng xin ignored him again and just conversed with Xie lian and Hua cheng. But his hands remained on Mu qings wrist. Mu qing is now hella confused with how he's acting.

But his mind was still occupied with something else.

They arrived at the cafeteria and sat at their usual place. Mu qing silently took out his lunch box and started eating.

He was deep in thought, clearly bothered by something. Memories of the past starting resurfacing and he unconsciously tightened his grip on his chopsticks.

His hand was slightly trembling when someone grabbed his hands.

"Mu qing!"

He flinched and looked at Xie lian.

"...what?"

"What's wrong? I called you 3 times already." Xie lian said with a worried face. Feng xin on the other hand was also looking at him.

"Oh. It's nothing." Mu qing said and gulped before he continued eating.

"..." Xie lian was silent for a moment before he spoke up.

"You saw the list of track participants didn't you?" Xie lian asked while looking at his eyes, xie lian's tone and gaze serious.

Seeing that Xie lian saw through him, again, he gulped and avoided his gaze but didn't respond. That small action was all it took for Xie lian to understand why Mu qing is acting this way. He sighed and also spaced out like he's deeply thinking of something with expression still serious as ever, an expression that you barely see Xie lian make.

Feng xin on the other hand didn't have a clue about what's going on and Hua cheng basically didn't care but was also listening and observing his gege's actions.

"Why? What's with the list of track participants?" Feng xin asked.

Xie lian looked at him and was about to open his mouth but hesitated and in the end decided not to say anything.

Seeing him not willing to answer, he turned to Mu qing.

Mu qing just looked at him but looked back at his food, ignoring him.

"What the fuck? You guys aren't telling?" Feng xin asked with burrowed eyebrows.

"Sorry Feng xin, if Mu qing doesn't want to tell then I'm in no position to share." Xie lian said with an apologetic look.

Feng xin looked at mu qing, demanding an answer but instead got— "It's none of your business."

Hearing this, Feng xin was taken aback. He wanted to say a few words but in the end he just decided to shut up.

They finished eating and was on their way back to their rooms.

Xie lian turned to Mu qing and patted his back. "Mu qing, don't worry. He won't be able to do anything to you anymore. And besides I'm just a couple of rooms away and X— I mean, Lang Qianqiu is also in the same class as you." Xie lian said with an encouraging tone.

Mu qing met his eyes before taking a deep breath. "I'm not worried. I can take care of myself now." Although that's what he said, his tone was a little forced. Like he's just trying to encourage himself. "I'm stopping by elsewhere. You guys go ahead." He said and turned to a corner.

"Where are you going?" Feng xin asked but was just again ignored.

Feng xin turned to Xie lian who just sighed while looking at mu qings back.

"Can you tell me just what is going on?" Feng xin asked.

Xie lian shook his head. "Sorry feng xin, it's a personal matter."

"Who cares. It's his problem. He can handle whatever's going on alone." Hua cheng said and wrapped his hands around Xie lians waist and placed his chin on xie lians shoulder. "Let's go gege"

The two continued on their way. Feng xin looked at the direction Mu qing went off to for a while before going back to their room.

~~~

Mu qing walked and walked till he reached the rooftop. No one was there since it's broad daylight. He sat down at a shadowed place as he embraced the silence.

He stared at the sky for a while as he trembled slightly when he remembered the name he saw at the participants list.

Track and field participants
Year 2
Class 2D

Zhu An

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"Why are you here.

Zhu-ge."

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hi guys~~ If you dont remember, he was was also at the novel. He's addressed as 'Zhu-shixiong'. He was a trainee who was picking on mu qing. Not letting him pass the suxiang hall and accusing him for stealing cherries!

He's on book 2, chapter 62!

Since they dont share the same teacher or something like that, instead of 'shixiong', I changed it with 'xiong'  or 'ge' instead.