Chapter 14

Feng xin was just sitting in his seat, staring at the door as if waiting for someone. Whenever the door opens, he immediately shifts his gaze over and see who came in.

The door opened once again and when he t turned to look, it turned out to be the person he's waiting for. Mu qing went straight to his seat and was greeted by Qianqiu. Feng xin slightly leaned into their direction to listen to their conversation.

"Mu qing! Where have you been?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I also saw the list..."

"..."

"So?"

"Haha nothing, nothing. I was just worried. I'll be here if anything happens okay?"

"..."

"I don't need you."

"Haha. Yeah yeah."

That was all he heard. He turned his head to look at them and Mu qing was already zoning out while Lang Qianqiu minded his own business while taking quick glances to Mu qings direction from time to time.

Now he's curious.

'Just what the hell is going on?' Feng xin thought before turning his head when his archer teammates called him.

With this, Mu qing and Feng xin minded their own businesses till class ended without any interactions.

~~~

Day 1 of the intramurals/sports fest

Mu qing woke up with a hand slightly tapping his face.

"Mu qing. Mu qing. Wake up"

Mu qing groaned and slowly opened his eyes.

"You're awake! Quick get ready. Let's walk to school together!" Xie lian said while smiling.

"Ugh. Why did you have to pick me up? You should've just went ahead." Mu qing sat up took a glance at the clock in his room. 6:00am.

"And so early too." Mu qing said with a frown. Xie lian just laughed at him and pulled him up.

"Come on, it's been so long since we walked to school together. And besides, today is the first day of the school fest. We should be early."

Mu qing got up and walked to his closet to prepare his clothes. "What activities are being held today?"

"From what I remember, aside from the 1st years theatre, soccer, basketball, volleyball and cheers and yells will be held today. Tomorrow will be another theatre performance for the 2nd years, archery, Band, Dance showdown, taekwondo, quiz bee and track." Xie lian dictated while counting with his fingers. "And for the last day last theatre performance by the 3rd years, pageant, cooking and debate will be held. After that, we'll proceed with the awarding."

"I see."

"Me and San lang are performing at 9:00 AM. Make sure to watch with feng xin okay?! It's kinda nerve-wracking since we'll be competing with higher levels"

"Mhm." For the drama competition, it's not a fight between classes. It's between school years. So ofcourse its nerve wracking.

Mu qing took a quick bath and wore an all black outfit. Since it's their class color, they're required to wear black. He glanced at xie lian who was wearing a red cardigan. The second and third button of his cardigan was buttoned unlike the rest below. He was wearing a white shirt inside paired with black jeans and black shoes. He's also wearing  glasses.

"Red?" Mu qing asked

"Yeah."

They started walking to school.

~~~

Xie lian went straight to the theatre hall of the campus while Mu qing made his way to his room.

He went straight to Zu xian."What time is the race tomorrow?"

Zu xian looked at the paper on his hand and said. "1:30pm. But let's gather at the field at 1:00pm." He answered and smiled at him. Mu qing nodded and went to his seat.

He observed the busy people around him. Since his competition is scheduled tomorrow, he had nothing to do today. He looked outside their room and watched the students pass by. He was about to shift his eyes elsewhere when his eyes met another from the corridor.

He froze and his face immediately paled. His hands that was placed on his table trembled slightly.

"Mu qing?" Lang Qianqiu asked. Noticing the trembling hands of his seatmate. He looked at Mu qing's face and took a glance at where he's staring. When he saw the man Mu qing had his eyes glued, he quickly got up. The things on his table fell to the ground as his table tumbled. With that, he caught his classmates attention but he didn't mind it and blocked Mu qing's view.

He turned his head around and glared at the man outside their room but the man just smirked and walked away.

Zu xian followed Qianqiu's gaze, also seeing the man. His face turned dark and quietly went out of their room.

When the man was now out of his sight, Qianqiu turned to Mu qing again. He crouched down and held Mu qing's shoulders.

"Mu qing? Mu qing." He called.

Mu qing was still out of it so he shaked mu qings shoulders. With that, mu qing blinked once, twice and looked at Qianqiu. His face still pale.

He grabbed onto Qianqiu and gripped his shirt. He was trembling and his eyes were panicking and red with tears threatening to drop.

"Just now... H-he..."

Mu qing didn't get to finish his sentence. His eyes wandered to the other end of the room where he saw Feng xin, also looking at him with a worried and confused face. For some unknown reason, Mu qing managed to relax. He took deep breaths and slowly let go of Qianqiu's shirt.

"Are you okay now?" Lang Qianqiu's voice was filled with concern.

"Don't think so much about him. He can't do anything to you. Okay?" He assured, hands still on mu qing's shoulders. Mu qing took a deep breath again and sighed.

"Mhm... Thanks." Mu qing just mumbled the latter word but Qianqiu heard it and he placed a small smile in his face before slowly retreating his hands from Mu qing's shoulders and returned to his seat checking up on him from time to time.

Mu qing glanced at where the man was standing earlier. He unconsciously curled his fingers into a fist when someone tapped his hand.

He looked at Feng xin who was standing in front of him.

Feng xin stared at him for a while before talking. "It's almost time for the play. Let's go." He said and started walking out.

Mu qing however, hesitated. He actually really didn't want to go out of their room right now. Especially now that he just saw the man he's trying so hard not to meet. He stayed at his seat for a while. Contemplating.

Feng xin noticed that Mu qing isn't following him. And when he turned to check, Mu qing's still on his seat. Wearing an anxious face that contradicts the usual look Feng xin is used to.

Seeing him like this, Feng xin was frustrated. Especially since he doesn't know a damn about what's making him act like this. He feels so dumb. He hates the fact that he doesn't know what's going on. What's making him so scared and anxious. He just cant bare to see him like this.

He marched to Mu qing's seat and held his face with both of his hands and whispered an attempt of threat but came out rather soft than how he planned. Glaring at Mu qing's eyes.

"Mu qing. I don't fucking know what's happening and why the fuck you're acting like this. But whatever it is, I'm also here to protect you or help you in any way. Even if I don't know which bastard is responsible for making you like this, I will surely be by your side so dont you fucking show me that anxious and scared face ever again. You understand?"