Chapter 12

"FENG XIN?!"

"Is it fun?"

"What?!"

Feng xin stared at his eyes and repeated.

"I said, is it fun?"

Mu qing, still not processing what's happening, blinked at the man who's too close for his comfort and stumbled in his words.

"W-what do you mea—"

"Is it fun. The practice I mean. Got yourself a lover?" Feng xin asked as he ran his own fingers on Mu qings tied up hair. Suppressing the urge to pull that tie out of Mu qing's hair.

"Is it fun being all chummy and being take cared of by that guy? " He added as he held Mu qings chin and tilted it so their face aligned.

"Looks like you're enjoying your time 'practicing'." He whispered. Emphasizing the last word while staring intently at Mu qing's eye.

"What the fuck do you.." He pushed feng xin  and let out a frustrated sigh. "Yeah I did enjoy my time practicing. How about you huh? Did you have an amazing time with your girlfriend?"

Feng xin stepped back a few from his push. "What the fuck? Girlfriend? Where did that even come from?"

"So you're going to play dumb? Sure. Whatever. Its not like that has anything to do with me." Mu qing shrugged as he went to the direction of the door.

Seeing him trying to leave, Feng xin quickly grabbed his shoulder and pressed him against the wall once more.

"I.dont.have.a.girlfriend."

"Dont have a girlfriend? Ha! Then who was that back at the cafeteria then? I saw you wrapping your arms around her waist and you're saying that she's not your girlfriend? I'm not an idiot! And, let go of me you asshole! I have practice!"

Feng xins lips twitched. "Practice huh? Are you that eager to be with that Zu xian?!"

Feng xin grip on his shoulders tightening, making mu qing winced a little from the force. "W-what's he got to do with this?!" Mu qing shouted enduring the pain from his shoulders.

"Now you're the one playing dumb. Didn't you want to go to practice because you'll get to see his fucking face there?!"

"What nonsense are you spouting! Are you even in your right mind? You're really pissing the hell out of me!" He said and glared at the man cornering him.

Feng xin's expression changed, a pained expression flashed but disappeared instantly that mu qing didn't even notice it. Feng xin opened his mouth about to say something but closed it again, a little hesitation before he managed to say a few words.

"Mu qing do you..." Feng xin couldn't finish his sentence and just looked at Mu qing with an expression he can't describe.

"Do I what?! Can you just stop?! Mind your own business with your fucking lover and stop bothering me!"

Mu qing held both of Feng xins wrist and forcefully removed it from his shoulders and when he managed to, he dashed to the door.

Feng xin didn't have the chance to chase him so he just stood there looking at the direction mu qing ran off to. Like a boy being woken up from a dream, he snapped back to reality and realized what happened.

He leaned on the wall and slid down to sit as he recalled everything that happened.

~~~

"Wait here Jian lan."

Jian lan smiles and let go of his arms.

He turned around and went to the counter to order drinks and some desserts while still looking at the noisy table.

When he got his tray, he went back to the table where jian lan was waiting and placed it there.

"Thanks!" Jian lan said, smiling sweetly at him.

Feng xin however didn't pay much attention to her and was just staring at Mu qing's direction.

His expression turning dark when Zu xian got up and started to help mu qing with his hair. He was just this close to coming over their table. Zu xian tied mu qings hair and went back to his seat. With this, feng xin relaxed a little but with the others next action, he stood up. He saw Zu xian leaning over to Mu qing, seemingly arranging hairs at the side of his face. Their faces so close with each other.

He moved his feet and was about to march towards them when a girl's voice spoke up.

"Oh. Isn't that the one you're always fighting with?" Jian lan asked while looking at Mu qing's direction.

"I heard people talk about how the two of you hate each other." She continued and shifted his eyes to feng xin.

"Huh? But I—"

"Yeah maybe you don't hate him. You're really kind after all. But I saw him glaring at you earlier. He must really hate you. Haha."

Feng xin was dumbfounded with what she said and wondered. 'Does he really...'

"Hehe. Looks like he got himself a lover. Which idiot would want to be with someone with such bad attitude?" Jian lan continued with her slander that made Feng xin irritated. He was about to talk when someone called out for the person infront of him.

"Jian lan there you are!" A girl arrived while waving her hand.

"Oh. Xuan ji!" Jian lan greeted.

Xuan ji glanced at Feng xin. "We're you the one who bumped into her?! You should've looked at where your going! What if her ankle won't heal in time and she can't participate for the pageant?! Be thankful she just asked you for food as compensation! Free food won't ever be enough to make up for what you've done!" Xuan ji accused while pointing at him.

She didn't give Feng xin time to answer as she already supported Jian lan to stand up and walked away.

Feng xin frowned.  "She's the one who bumped into me though."

"I like zu-qing but mu-xian isn't bad either."

"We can just use what we prefer its the same thing anyways."

...

Ha.. Zu-qing? Mu-xuan? What the fuck.

He turned around and saw the soccer team and the track team chattering and laughing, just hanging out. A moment later, the soccer team started leaving. Next to them was the track team who also got up to leave. But it looks like Mu qing stayed behind.

Feng xin approached them but stopped in his track when he saw Zu xian pat Mu qing's head. A soft smile plastered on his face.

Feng xin's fingers unconsciously curled up into a fist. After they left, Feng xin just stood there and observed Mu qing thinking if he should approach him or not. When Mu qing was making his way out of the cafeteria, Feng xin thought he's going to catch up with the others and  rashly ran up to him, seized his wrist and pulled him into a random room. And instead of calmly talking to him, his emotions got the best of him and ended up arguing.

~~~

'Ah, Fuck. I messed up.'

Feng xin stared at the floor for a while before he unconsciously let out a small laugh.

"Maybe he did hate me after all."