Chapter 21

"What happened to your face?" Mu qing asked while looking at Zu xian before he could even speak.

Zu xian stared at him for a few seconds before shaking his head and smiled. "Its nothing. I just got in a small fight."

Mu qing frowned. "You're not the type to get in a small fight." He said while looking at Zu xians slightly swollen face and bruised lip.

Mu qing frowned even more the more he looked at his captains wounds when he suddenly felt his head ache.

He twitched and closed his eyes but instead of darkness, he saw an unfamiliar memory of a dark raining night with a boy with a bruised lip and bleeding arm looking at him with concern and tears in his eyes.

"Ack-" He exclaimed as he held his head.

"Mu qing?" He heard a voice call. He opened his eyes and saw Zu xian holding his shoulders, looking at him with concern.

The face of the boy in his mind overlapped with the one infront of him and his head ached even more. He closed his eyes once again and when he opened it, his gaze landed on Xie lian, Qianqiu, Qi rong and Yushi huang who were also looking at him with worry. But seeing their faces just added pain and his head felt like something was forcing itself in on his memories.

He stumbled and closed his eyes again. And there, foreign memories started flowing in. Memories with xie lian and the others that're not familiar with him and an unknown man who's face he cant clearly see. The noise around him was completely blocked out and his sense of touch completely numbed as he cant feel anything at the moment. Only the pain that enveloped his head. With the sudden wave of overwhelming memories of the past he was unaware of, Mu qing felt his body weaken.

He felt someone support him from the back as he was about to fall down from the untolerable pain. And when he opened his eyes, he glanced at his side and saw Feng xin holding his waist with one of his hand and the other holding his hands. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Mu qing wanted to open his mouth and answer but before he could he lost conciousness, his body slumping on Feng xin.

"MU QING!"

Feng xin caught mu qing with ease and looked at Xie lian. Xie lian and the others approached them while the other track members who doesn't have a clue on what's going on was told by Yushi huang to not mind and excused themselves politely. And thus, Xie lian together with Feng xin who had Mu qing on his arms, Hua cheng, Qianqiu, Qi rong and Yushi huang made their way to the clinic.

~~~

At the clinic, they were circling around mu qings bed.

Lang qianqiu looked at Mu qing carefully assessing his state before turning outside the slightly opened door where someone was standing and nodded.

The person hesitated and glanced at mu qing anxiously. Seeing this, Yushi huang stood up and made his way to him. She patted his shoulder and nodded as if reassuring him that it's okay. With this, the man sighed and made his way to Mu qing's bed.

Xie lian was silent ever since Mu qing collapsed. He looked so serious that Hua cheng and Feng xin didn't know what to say to him.

After he entered, the whole room was silent when Qi rong spoke up. "What happened?" He asked.

Qi rong was unusually quiet and serious at the moment. With his question, all of them shifted their gaze to the newly arrived person.

"...I just got in a small fight." He answered.

"With him?" Lang Qianqiu asked which the other answered with a hesitant nod.

Xie lian turned to him and spoke for the first time. "I told you to not be so obvious." He said as he stood up facing him.