Part 21

Alexis' POV:

"Again??", I asked, feeling upset, as we laid in bed, early in the morning.

We had just got done having morning sex, when Nichole decided to spring the news on me, out of nowhere.

"Babe, I'm sorry.  But it's not my fault.  Work is making me go."

I reached down to the floor and picked up a tee shirt, that was actually hers, and put it on, to cover my naked body. 

"But for that long?  A month and a half?  Really??"

She reached across the bed and put her clothes back on, as well.

She sighed.  "I knew you were going to react like this.  That's why I waited to tell you.  And it's not my fault."

"Why would you wait to tell me something like this?  You're leaving next week", I said, completely annoyed, not only that she was leaving for that long, but also that she had decided to withhold that information from me, until almost the very last minute.

"Because I didn't want to upset you.  You're trying to get pregnant right now.  And I didn't want to add anymore stress to you."

Nichole and I had gone to a fertility doctor last month after deciding to start a family.  I was trying to get pregnant.  As she had just said.  But still.  It wasn't enough of a reason not to tell me.

"And you think by not telling me until the last minute, it's going to make me less stressed?"

"I guess that's what I was hoping.  But obviously not", she said, getting up and going into the bathroom.  I followed her, as we both freshened up.

"There's things that we need to figure out and make arrangements for, Nichole, before you leave for that long of a time.  We have a doctor's appointment scheduled.  Plus a billion other things.  You should of told me, so we can prepare", I said, completely pissed off at her irresponsibleness.  

And it was weird and completely out of character for her.  Because Nichole was usually very responsible.  So for her do this was just wasn't like her.

She walked out the bathroom and sat on the bed.  And I followed her and did the same. 

"We have plenty of time to prepare.  We have a whole week before I go.  And we can move the doctor's appointment if we need to."

"We can't move the fucking doctors appointment, Nikki.  We're on a schedule.  The appointment has to stay."

"Well, I can ask my mom to go with you or something.  Our your mom.  Or your sister.  We'll figure something out."

"I don't want them to go with me.  I want you to go", I said, sulking.  Because, honestly, I was upset.  I was upset, not only that she had waited so long to tell me, but that she was even going at all.  And yes, I knew she had to for work.  But it still upset me.  It was the part of her job that I hated the most.  I absolutely hated it.

"And I want to be there too.  You don't think I do?"

"Well obviously you can't."

She came up to me and tried to put her arms around me, but I moved away.  "A month and a half?", I said, almost in disbelief.  "No one else can do it?"

"I'm the head photographer, Alexis.  I have to be there.  You know that.  When we're on location, I need to be there.  There's a lot of people that depend on me and need me."

"And I don't need you??  I'm your fucking wife.  So don't you think I should get priority?"

"Jesus, Alexis", she said, shaking her head, getting frustrated.  "Of course you get priority.  But it's my fucking job.  You act like I have a choice or something.  It's the same fucking conversation every time.  Every time I have to go.  The same fucking thing.  You always act like this."