Part 50

Nichole's  POV:

1 week later:

It was early morning on a Saturday.   I had gotten up bright and early because today was the day that I was scheduled to do a photo shoot with Shayne.  And needless to say, I was excited.   But I had also kinda woken up on the wrong side of the bed.  So, although I was excited, I also felt a little moody and groggy.  But nothing that a little cup of coffee could fix.  Hopefully. 

And although there were two other girls that I would also be photographing, as well, they absolutely paled in comparison to Shayne.  Because there was just something about Shay.  Something that was different about her.  Something that stood out.  And yes, she was beautiful, most notably, her eyes, of course.  But physical appearance aside, there was something more.  It was something about her demeanor.  The way she carried herself.  They way she commanded the room whenever she entered it.  You could just feel her presence so strongly.  So yes, she was definitely intriguing.  Almost captivating. 

And I, as well as Sydney, had both felt it.  Full force.  And we both knew that that kind of energy was hard to find.  Even nearly impossible.   But if one could find it, and somehow capture that energy, and channel it into a photograph, the potential was there to turn the modeling world upside down.  

So, did Sydney and I have big hopes for Shay?  And big expectations?  You better fucking believe we did.  And were we being too optimistic?  And getting too overly excited?  Perhaps.  Because we still had yet to see how well she actually photographed.  Because obviously, that was the real test.  The make or break.  But, regardless, there was enough potential there, that we were willing to take that chance.  So yes, needless, I had much hope for today's photo shoot.  

I stepped out of the shower, then went into the bedroom to get dressed.  I put on black pants overtop of a pair of white boy short panties.  I then accessorized with a white shoestring as a belt, that I paired with a simple black tube top.   I, then, threw on a black hat as a final touch.  Because quite honestly, I just didn't feel like fixing my hair today.  I just wasn't in the mood.  Not gonna lie.  

After getting dressed, I decided to call Alexis, since I still had time before I had to leave.   And plus, I was hoping that talking to her would help get me in a better mood.

"Hello?", Alexis said, groggily, as she answered the phone.

"Hey", I replied, as I sat on the edge of the bed.  "Good morning."

"Good morning."

"What are you doing?"

"I'm just laying down", she responded, sounding very tired.  "What are you doing?  Are you at work?"

"No.  Not yet.  I'm going to leave in a little bit."

"Oh, ok."

"I have that photo shoot today with that model, Shay, that I was telling you about."

"Oh yeah, that's right.  Hopefully everything will go good."

"Yes.  Hopefully.  But, anyway", I asked, changing the subject to something more important.. "How are you?"

"I don't know", she said, again sounding very tired. 

"What do you mean you don't know?", I asked, furrowing my eyebrows together.  Because not only was her response concerning because it was just so vague, but the sound of her voice was concerning, as well.  Because, quite honestly, she didn't sound at all like herself.  She sounded quiet, rundown, and almost like she was sick. 

"I don't know", she repeated.  "I just feel... weird."

And all of a sudden my concern turned to worry.  "What do you mean you feel weird?  What's wrong?", I asked, wanting clarification.