Part 62

(Shayne)

Nichole's POV:

I was in my office, preparing for my next photoshoot.  And even though I had multiple shoots scheduled, first on my list was Shayne.  And honestly, I was excited.  Her modeling career was really taking off.  She was improving every day.  Her comfort level and confidence were growing by leaps and bounds .  And it showed.  It definitely didn't go unnoticed.  You could see it in her photos.  In her overall attitude.  And in the way she carried herself.  So much so, that she was getting noticed,  and she was getting more and more attention from the agency with every passing day. 

And I for one was happy for her.  I wanted to see her succeed.  Perhaps more than anyone else.  

And who better to know than I, what it took to actually be successful .  I had been in this business a long time.  I had seen models come and go in the blink of an eye.  I had seen real talent command the stage, while others, simply faded away.   I had witnessed incredible highs and plummeting lows.  Tremendous successes, as well as disappointing let downs and failures.  So, all in all, I had seen first hand the good, the bad, and the ugly. 

So yes, in short, I had seen it all.  And without a doubt, I knew what it took to make it in this business.  And what it took, wasn't something that came along every day.  In fact, it was something rare, and few and far between.  It was something that was innate.  Something that couldn't always be taught.  And finding that kind of talent was like finding a hidden gem.  A diamond in the rough.  And exactly what 'it' was, wasn't always something specific.  It wasn't something you could always pinpoint or put your finger on, as it was different and unique to every model.  It was just, for lack of a better way to say it, a gut feeling.  A sixth sense.  Something that spoke for itself.   That stood on its own.  And more importantly, something that absolutely shined and came alive in front of the camera.  

So yes, even though I couldn't specifically say what 'it' was, without a doubt, Shay had it.  She had what it took.  Plain and simple.  She had the look, the talent, the drive, the ambition and the sheer will  to not only make it in this industry, but to excel and take her career to whatever level she chose.  The sky was the limit.

And that was exactly what was happening.  She was succeeding.   Beyond all expectations.

 But unfortunately, with all the ups, there were also downs.  Because in no short terms, success came with a heavy price.   There were overwhelming pressures and set-in-stone deadlines.  There were long hours and grueling schedules.  A never ending need to prove yourself and your worth.   A need to constantly reinvent yourself.   And to always up your game.  To always deliver.  And to never disappoint.  So, it went without saying, none of it was easy.

But that was the job.  That was the modeling world. All of that was to be expected.  But what it also came with, specifically for me, was a fucking headache.

And with that, there  was a loud bang on my office door.  I rolled my eyes, as I instantly knew who it was.  The headache herself.   And honestly, I simply wasn't in the mood, 

The next thing I knew, my door swung open.  And a disgruntled Sydney was on the other side. 

"What the fuck?", I said, instantly snapping at her,  feeling disgusted at her rude way of just barging in my office.  "Did I say you could come in?!"

"I don't need your goddamn permission, Nichole", she said, completely indifferent, as she sat down, completely uninvited.

"And I didn't tell you you could sit down either."

"Don't need permission for that either.  So fuck you."

I rolled my eyes.  "So, you can just do whatever the hell you want."