Part 43

1 week later:

Alexis POV:

It had been one week since Nikki had told me about the lawsuit against Cal.  And ever since then, I had gone through every emotion possible.  But overwhelmingly, it was causing me to have extreme anxiety every time I thought about it.  Almost to the point where I felt like I was having a panic attack.  So much so, that I tried my best to just not think about it at all.  And was it the best way to handle things?  Probably not.  But, at the moment, it was all I could do.  

But the problem was, I knew that's not what Nichole wanted.  She wanted to discuss it, mainly because she wanted to know how I wanted to proceed, going forward.  And I knew she was also worried about how I was handling everything, and I knew she wanted to make sure I was ok.  

But honestly, I didn't want to even think about it, let alone talk about it.   Because at the moment, it was all just too much. 

And yes, I was well aware that I would have to make a decision about whether or not to contact the lawyer and to decide if I wanted to be involved in the lawsuit or not.  But, right now it was just too much.  It was too overwhelming, and quite simply,  I just couldn't deal with it right now.  I needed more time to let it sink in and to comprehend what all of this meant in order to make the correct decision.  And right now, I wasn't there.  And honestly, I didn't know if I ever would be. Because basically, at the moment, my anxiety was completely controlling me, so much so that I felt nearly frozen.  Thus, making it nearly impossible to make a decision about how to proceed.  So, at the moment, all I could do was to try not to think about it until I figured out how to deal with everything.  And I also had to just hope that Nikki understood my reluctance to talk about it, and that she would just continue to be patient with me.  That's all I could do. 

It was early on a Saturday morning.  Nichole had gotten up early to go for a run.  I, on the other hand, was getting ready to meet my friend, Hannah, for coffee.  We hadn't seen each other in awhile, so we had decided to get together and just to catch up.  And I was more than excited because I missed hanging out with her. 

I put on a light blue denim shirt and threw my hair up in a casual bun.  And as I was getting ready, Nichole came into the bedroom, having just come back from her run.  

"Hey", she said, sweaty and still out of breath.  And I had to admit, seeing her like that turned me on.  Because it made her look just hot and sexy.

"Hey", I said, smiling at her.  "How was your run?"

"It was really good," she replied.  "You getting ready to meet Hanna?", she asked, as she stripped off her clothes, leaving her in only her bras and panties.  Yet, even more temptation for me, as I tried my best to resist.  And trust me, it wasn't easy. 

"Yes.  I'm meeting her at the cafe around the corner."

"Ok, that's good you guys are getting together.  You haven't seen her in awhile."

"Yes", I agreed.  "Her and I definitely need to catch up."

Hannah and I had become close friends over the last few months.  Especially since I was now pregnant.  And since she already had a child, she was obviously very knowledgeable and experienced with it came to children.  So much so, that I often relied on her for advice and to answer any questions or concerns that I had.  In short, she was a wealth of information.  So, needless to say, I always looked forward to talking to her.  And plus, her and I had a lot of other things in common too.  We just really enjoyed each other's company.  And she was just so very sweet and nice.  

"What time are you meeting her?"

"I'm actually about to leave now."

"Ok, well have fun",  she said, smiling warmly, as she pecked me on the lips.  "Oh and by the way, you look sexy", she said, causing me to blush., as she then disappeared into the bathroom to take a shower.